Heritage Owners Club

Back from Philtone Guitar Co.. with the 575!

ronalr

Been back a while but have been playing the 575 all afternoon.....I can't say enough god things about Phil Jacoby...excellent luthier!!!

He used the Plek machine and all frets leveled and a perfect setup....lowered the action a little....just plays and sounds perfect.....and sound..well that is why I took it in the first place.... the crackling and intermittent sound.....he replaced the wiring harness and the neck volume pot needed to be replaced......and has anyone seen this before?....there was an input jack that you could unplug int the wiring harness...and it was not tied down..every time you moved the guitar it would move and rattle...that was working the solder loose at some point....any way I can't even see the wiring now and no sound problems at all....(Phil said it looked like and after market change)

Had a a strap pin installed (I needed that) and the guitar has never been cleaner...I mean he polished it and cleaned everything....when I opened the case it looked brand new...(it is a 2002)

Phil said he has seen an increased popularity in Heritage guitars lately......So he turned a great guitar into a fantastic guitar...it is even more easy and comfortable to play...I couldn't be happier with his work...and he is a great guy to talk to about guitars and the music business.......so all is well here in Baltimore....by the way Phil repairs guitars all over the country.....was getting ready to send one out to Boston this afternoon...I highly recommend him.....

Hi Ron,

I've had my 575 since 1988,and it's mega ! It's improved with age,unlike me. I did have what I consider a wiring problem on my 1986 H140CM.All the pickup volume & tone came on between 1 & 3,leaving 4-10 with very little.This put me off using the guitar for a while.I decided to replace all the volume & tone pots with the last of the American made units I had,so now the majority of the volume comes at the end of the pot travel,between 7 & 10,just like all my other guitars.I further decided to replace the Schaller pickup units with Seymour Duncan '59's,and the job was complete.I now have a first rate guitar that will do anything I ask of it.

Enjoy your 575,and see how both you & it improve with playing.

Peter Alton Green ( U.K. )

Well, Phil Jacoby comes so highly recommended that the good result was predictable...

It's nice to hear that it worked out as might be anticipated...

and this will be a Heritage that anyone who tries it , will lose all doubt... Finest American Handmade Instruments.

Congrats!

We need pics!!!!!

conorb

Here are some pics...I will have to take some newer pictures in the day light outside...now that the snow is gone :icon_study:

DCP_4855.jpg

and with the 535

DCP_4860.jpg

and all 3

2-5.jpg

Hi Ron,

I've had my 575 since 1988,and it's mega ! It's improved with age,unlike me. I did have what I consider a wiring problem on my 1986 H140CM.All the pickup volume & tone came on between 1 & 3,leaving 4-10 with very little.This put me off using the guitar for a while.I decided to replace all the volume & tone pots with the last of the American made units I had,so now the majority of the volume comes at the end of the pot travel,between 7 & 10,just like all my other guitars.I further decided to replace the Schaller pickup units with Seymour Duncan '59's,and the job was complete.I now have a first rate guitar that will do anything I ask of it.

Enjoy your 575,and see how both you & it improve with playing.

Peter Alton Green ( U.K. )

Thanks Peter....it is amazing how much better (or at least I feel like it's better) you play when everything is in proper working order....I bought it used about 6 months ago and the electric problem just started ...but I wanted to have it set up proper any way because the person that had it before me had it set up with lighter gauge strings and I wanted flat wound 11's to give it that more mellow jazz sound. So got it all taken care of at once....

glad to hear a happy ending.

my 575 has a similar internal RCA harness connect . this was brought up in a thread recently. search for '575'. I'm not sure if its 'aftermarket' or not, but since its come up several times I'm inclined to think its a factory thing.

glad to hear a happy ending.

my 575 has a similar internal RCA harness connect . this was brought up in a thread recently. search for '575'. I'm not sure if its 'aftermarket' or not, but since its come up several times I'm inclined to think its a factory thing.

That is interesting....I guess the RCA connector would be alright, but mine was really loose and moving quite a bit.

Archived