Heritage Owners Club

Peavey Classic 30

smurph1

I've decided to pull the trigger on a new Peavey Classic 30..Had a Classic 50 2x12 years ago and loved it..Tommorow is HNAD..Happy New Amp DAy!!

Congrats! I think you won't be sorry. I bought a new one a couple of years ago, and it's a workhorse. A real "people's" amp, you know? Great value. The clean channel, especially, is really nice, and takes pedals well. The newer ones, including mine, have a tube guard built in, which people say is an improvement, and JJ tubes. Only thing I don't love is the footswitch - pretty cheap - but I replaced it.

Tweed or black tolex?

Congrats! I think you won't be sorry. I bought a new one a couple of years ago, and it's a workhorse. A real "people's" amp, you know? Great value. The clean channel, especially, is really nice, and takes pedals well. The newer ones, including mine, have a tube guard built in, which people say is an improvement, and JJ tubes. Only thing I don't love is the footswitch - pretty cheap - but I replaced it.

Tweed or black tolex?

Tweed..Just like my old 50 was..I like the vintage vibe..Yeah i like the clean channel as well..Nice sounding reverb too.. ;)

Now my next question is do I keep the Blues junior or sell it? I really don't need both..Anyone Interested in a Like New Blues Junior?

Congrats!!

I bought one when they first came out and have dragged that amp all over...complete workhorse and only had one problem in 16+ years of service. (a nut from came loose in the chassis and gave her a small short but the amp tech fixed her up good as new). Never even had a problem with the exposed tubes or rattling others experienced.

For blues/r&b/classic rock its REALLY hard to beat.

For jazz it lacks a bit now b/c the lows have become a bit mushy (tubed and setup for that srv type of overdrive tone), but next payday its a new weber Califonia speaker and JAN-phillips 5751's pre amp tubes and she'll be 100% jazz ready.

Mine is so old that it doesnt even have a Blue Marvel speaker in it!! HAHAHA

Major congrats... I was seriously looking at buying one of them till I stumbled on the Peavey Bravo I ended up buying. One day I'm gonna get to play 'em side by side each other and compare. Till then I'm always gonna wonder? I am however very very happy with the Bravo so no point worrying about the "what ifs". I'll just play and enjoy. I hope you do too.. The classic 30 gets good reviews and I'm sure its for good reason.

My Buddy had a Peavy Classic 30; Nice Amp!

Happy New amp day!!!

Go NAD, go Nad!!! ;)

Picked the Classic 30 up Saturday morning, and promptly took it to band practice..Sounded GREAT..Nice clean tones for Rhythmn parts and lot of creamy over drive for the lead parts..Sounds just like my old Classic 50 did except it's lighter!! I think I'm in Love!! :icon_thumright:

Picked the Classic 30 up Saturday morning, and promptly took it to band practice..Sounded GREAT..Nice clean tones for Rhythmn parts and lot of creamy over drive for the lead parts..Sounds just like my old Classic 50 did except it's lighter!! I think I'm in Love!! :P

The first amp I bought 15 years ago was a Classic 30. I mistakenly sold it (honestly, don't remember why) and then finally picked up a used on off of Craigslist a few months ago.

It's such a great amp.

I'm still looking for something with a little lower wattage for turning up at home, but the 30 is great for just about anything.

Congrats!

conorb

I owned one for a couple of years. It replaced a vintage blackface fender pro that was almost as old as I was and just...needed a rest. I picked up the Classic 30 for about $300 used and gigged with it for, as I said, two years or so. It went as part of a trade deal for a Mesa, but worked great. I seriously might consider getting another one as a backup amp or an amp for one of my kids (or most likely both). One downside (that I guess there is a mod for now), at least for me, was the gain stage. I never liked the way the amp sound with the gain cranked...too buzzy. I used an old Tube Screamer instead.

Reality is, the Classic 30 is really a single channel amp with an additional gain stage. It's pretty simple and has lots of applications.

Mark

Archived