Heritage Owners Club

150 necks vs 535 necks

Poelbaum

While I know that all Heritage necks are different from each other due to being handmade, on the average, would a 150 neck feel substantially different than a 535 neck? I guess what I am asking is would a medium 150 neck be substantially wider or thicker than a medium 535 neck? Hope that makes sense.

I think they feel similar. I have been playing a buddy's 150 the last few weeks and I forget I don't have the 535 on until I hit the body at the higher frets.

On my matched set, the neck of the 150 is slightly larger than the 535, but not uncomfortably so. It is easy to switch.

Ya, gotta love a matched set!!!

Here I thought a "matched set" only came in tubes!!!

While I know that all Heritage necks are different from each other due to being handmade, on the average, would a 150 neck feel substantially different than a 535 neck? I guess what I am asking is would a medium 150 neck be substantially wider or thicker than a medium 535 neck? Hope that makes sense.

Don't have a 150, but all of my Heritages have different size necks. The '07 535 is bigger and chunkier than the '96 one. The Prospect, 2001, is smaller than both of those. The '86 170 is similar to the Prospect but larger and the '06 137 is probably closet to the '07 535 but feels different.

Archived