Heritage Owners Club

I finally decided, It's time to fish - or get off the pot

jmc7581

Well, I expect you'd know about fishing, living out there in fly-fishin' heaven. I will post pics as soon as I've got them, and you won't hear any stories from me about the one that got away!

LOL, flyfishing was for me what guitar playing has been to most of the guys here for the last 40 years and was the reason I moved to Montana in 1973!! A great great passion that has since ebbed, with much satisfaction and good memories along the way. One of my best memories was watching my brother net a 5 lb brown and a 5 lb rainbow, 5 minutes apart, on the Madison River. Now I'm trying to expend that passion on an old love called guitar playing. Life is good.

Thanks to everybody (all joking aside) for all the good wishes. It sure is nice to have a place to share this stuff!

But you do have to admire the sheer creative genius of the people on this board:

"Get permission to buy an Epiphone Dot - When the Heritage arrives, make the switch!"

"I would tell the wife about the first one and then sneak all of the others that you'll inevitably buy into the house. She'll never know."

"The glow from your smile will calm the dreaded beast. (AND a dinner out on the town won't hurt either)."

"The trick is to buy her one too. If she is not interested in playing hers, offer to play it as well."

"Just do what I and I suspect others do - 'No its not new, I have had it for years, just haven't played it for a while.'"

"The first 5 or 6 guitars are hard to hide but after that you can start sneaking a new one in here and there...by the time you get to over 30 .....well it takes to long to count!"

"I hung a few on the wall...hid the cases in a closet and then said some of the cases on the rack were the empties....they weren't."

"Get a rack like the one behind my 535....(I have 2)...and all the cases start running together and it confuses your wife - 'Why dear those have been there for years!'"

"It takes a man."

"Keep the guitar at one of your mistresses houses."

"Have a couple I keep in their cases and only play them with my back to my wife. Has worked for the past 6 months."

Maybe the board should consider publishing some kind of a manual or handbook, sort of a "how-to" guide. "Guitars, and How To Conceal Them." Something like that. Just an idea. :unsure:

... ^_^ Whatever.

Anyway - I've been a member here almost 6 months, doing my best to fit in, to be one of the guys, offering strong opinions on things I actually know nothing about - you know, the usual guy stuff. But I've been living a lie. Because I do not own a Heritage guitar, and never have. There. I said it. I'm a fraud.

SO I FINALLY DID IT!

I just got off the phone with Jeff Hale at J. Hale Music in Wisconsin, having finally talked myself into placing an order for a 535 - Dark almond sunburst, Seth Lovers, thick neck - pretty standard stuff, nothing dramatic, but MY stuff! 6-8 weeks. What a relief, at long last, to finally be legit.

Now - are there threads on this forum about how to own a guitar without your wife ever finding out? :unsure:

Congratulations! I recently received my first heritage as well. They are really nice guitars and I'm sure you made the right choice.

As for the wife situation I don't have any advice to give. My wife usually goes something like, "wow, that's really cool, you should get that."

She also thinks stereo equipment is cool. :o

conorb

My wife definitely falls into the beancounter category.

That's not meant to be a slam--she's an accountant.

When I wanted to buy my Suhr, I gently pointed out to her that, unlike some of my friends, I have NONE of these things:

> there's no motorcycle in the garage;

> there's no sailboat moored nearby;

> there's no speedboat parked beside the garage;

> there's no mid-sixties Corvette in the garage (at least not any more);

> there's no race car in the garage;

> there's no snowmobile;

> etc.

You get the idea.

It worked.

My wife definitely falls into the beancounter category.

That's not meant to be a slam--she's an accountant.

When I wanted to buy my Suhr, I gently pointed out to her that, unlike some of my friends, I have NONE of these things:

> there's no motorcycle in the garage;

> there's no sailboat moored nearby;

> there's no speedboat parked beside the garage;

> there's no mid-sixties Corvette in the garage (at least not any more);

> there's no race car in the garage;

> there's no snowmobile;

> etc.

You get the idea.

It worked.

Not for me.... I mibght aswell go and buy my five favourite guitar desires all in one go, she can only cut my balls off once.....

Archived