Heritage Owners Club

140 VS 150

Twin

Came across a 140 the other day and wondering what the differences between it and the 150, I noticed right away the wieght was half of the 150 and the neck seemed quite a bit slimmer, it also had HRW's in it verses the Seth's in my 150. Are they the "economy" 150's?

Came across a 140 the other day and wondering what the differences between it and the 150, I noticed right away the wieght was half of the 150 and the neck seemed quite a bit slimmer, it also had HRW's in it verses the Seth's in my 150. Are they the "economy" 150's?

Definitely not an economy issue.

The 150 is a Les Paul and thus has more mass than the slimmer 140.

Although I feel the 140 has a fuller sound than an SG, if I had to make a comparison (maybe not a completely accurate one, but you get the idea)....

A 150 is a better Les Paul and A 140 is a better fuller SG.

Again this is only an analogy, I feel the 140 is more of a guitar than an SG.

The 140 might sound a little more modern since it is lighter with less mass than a 150.

Definitely not an economy issue.

The 150 is a Les Paul and thus has more mass than the slimmer 140.

Although I feel the 140 has a fuller sound than an SG, if I had to make a comparison (maybe not a completely accurate one, but you get the idea)....

A 150 is a better Les Paul and A 140 is a better fuller SG.

Again this is only an analogy, I feel the 140 is more of a guitar than an SG.

The 140 might sound a little more modern since it is lighter with less mass than a 150.

I agree with Kuz here. Absolutely NOT an economy guitar. Funny enough, you are hard pressed to find an economy model even in their 120's. The sound is so great, that calling it economy does it no justice at all. I love my 140 and hope one day to have a 150, 170, 137, 535, 550, 575, .... you get the idea.

LOVE my 140. With the Scahller pickups in it, it really growls! It has a TON of mojo for me.

Yeah, I learned my lesson. The Schallers are going back in and it will be wired up the way it was when I got it. NEVER should have changed it.

LOVE my 140. With the Scahller pickups in it, it really growls! It has a TON of mojo for me.

I couldn't agree more..Mine RAWKS!!!

My H-140CM is First Edition . It has a really chunky neck and had a DiMarzio Super Distortion and PAF installed a long time ago. It is a great rock guitar with those pickups, it really screams. I've alway s thought of it as a Lp Special and SG kind of hybrid with an arched top thrown in. And a flatter neck/body angle adds to the different feel . The H-140 Second Editions are closer to a 150 shape , just thinner. I couldn't say if a Second Edition is closer to a 140 first ed. or to a 150, playing wise...... I haven't played one yet. gallery_1051_3_527771.jpg

I certainly didn't mean economy in a bad way, I'll give it a try, I defintly like the neck.

The term economy just conjures up notions that corners have been cut and low grade materials/components have been employed. The 140 had every quality that the 150 had, just a slimmer body.

I really like the lightness aspect of the 140..Still has tons of sustain but I can play it for long periods without breaking my back..It's a win win.. B)

Archived