Heritage Owners Club

H-150 w Seth Lovers- 30 second sound clip of some rockin out

Kazwell

Your karma just rose because all this decency, Neill!

+1 jacques!!!! One good turn deserves another!!!! The last thing I want to do is "step on anyones toes" as they say. I see you have the same mindset as well.

I forgot to tell you. I won on  E-Bay earlier this week  and am patiently waiting on a used pair of Samson studio monitor speakers. Not the finest by any means, but should definately beat trying to mix/guess through headphones.

In the future, I will be able to provide better mixes. Sound is important jacques, and you are quite correct to bring up some points about it, especially since you have produced some very nice sounding tracks in your studio.

Just like they say it is better to have "fresh ears" do your mastering, I know when recording,  it is easy to get accostomed to little noises or whatever else may be slightly bleeding into the tracks and get used to it and block it out or figure it will be no big deal, then someone else hears it and says "what is THAT?!!!"

Thanks again jacques. You have been a supporter of mine from the start and I sincerely appreciate your comments and I realize they are meant only in good will.

Kaz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember reading an article where a guitar enthusiast was asking George Martin about the guitars and amps the Beatles used on the recordings for A Hard Days Night. His response was something like, "It's all just paint really"

Interesting answer. On other words, regardless of the form, it was the content that was ultimately responsible for the magic on those recordings.

I was thinking of a post along these lines. Is it the player or the production that sounds good. 

In fact, I've just talked myself into it. :o

Archived