Heritage Owners Club

H-150 w Seth Lovers- 30 second sound clip of some rockin out

Kazwell

500 yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!

Mercy mercy mecry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY I DID SOMETHING IN LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!      I see you're a graduate of the Dick Seacup School of Posting!    ;D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks folks for the props!!! Great forum to participate in!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!      I see you're a graduate of the Dick Seacup School of Posting! 

Let's not forget brentrocks-377 in like a month?!!!!! I think he's gonna have the all time record at this rate!!!!

Well Neil, those are some great accomplishments! One would wish something like this happened in real life ;D

Again, very great of you to post a noise next to all those shiny pictures. Noise is what guitars are all about, aren't they?

As far as this little shred is concerned I am not so enthousiastic about your sound as most (or all) of the other contributors are. (it is not the playing I'm talking about) I find there is more scratch than tone and imho it should be the other way around.

This is always how I judge overdrive: how much noise does your attack make in comparison to the actual tone? In band situations too much of that scratch and too little of the tone will prevent you from being audible in the mix of cymbals bashing, drums beating, bass pounding, keyboards, rythm guitars, bad venue acoustics, people yelling and so forth.

And what could the Seth Lovers contribute in this mayhem? I bet one would hear little difference with any other pickup in the same situation...

So, could you try another one with a little less drive?

So, could you try another one with a little less drive?

I should of posted the .wav file which was much clearer. Considering how short the track was, it would only have been about 1 meg. Some of the chording was definately more muddy sounding on the mp3. Thats the difference too between a home studio and a pro recording job, you need ultra pristine to get an mp3 track to sound crystal clear.

Whe I get home I will post the wav just for you jacques. You tell me if you hear a difference.

Since the track was an off the wall fun little thing, it really isn't worth worrying about re-recording. It's the distortion level that drove the playing. My H-150 was never intended to be a "shredder", but I thought it would be fun to apply this guitar, which I consider more of my jazz and blues box anyway, to some "balls to the wall" playing.

It really wasn't that serious of an endeavor, and intended only to show the group what an H-150 with Seths sounded like blaring out a little shred to accompany my tongue in cheek "celebration" of my 500th post.

No big deal, its ALL good!!!!! ;)

Whe I get home I will post the wav just for you jacques. You tell me if you hear a difference.

Great, Neill, I'm looking forward to it!

OK Jacques. It will be interesting to see if you notice a difference in the sound with the wav file.....

here you go

www.ear-necklace.com/Jam.wav

Thanks for the posting in .wav, Neill!

My ears are getting a little too old and I don't hear much difference, I'm afraid. One way or another I liked the whole piece better than yesterday, so maybe something worked!

It just might be a matter of style - I mean, in the world of heavy metals this shred piece functions quite okay, but in the delicate area of deciding what pickup suits your average H150 best I am distracted by the scratches I hear whith every attack. But I know this piece was a bit of a joke too, so let us not ponder too long...

I listened again to both the mp3 and wav files  and the "scratches" you hear have nothing to do with the distortion level. There are produced from the software. Appears I may have been over peaking the digital inputs. This issue is more of a input volume issue and could occur even if I was running a pristine clean sound.

Thanks through for your interest. As I said, it's really not worth worrying about as it was a minimal time investment intended to provide some mild if not fleeting entertainment value to the forum members.

Kaz

I like it when others post clips of their playing.  It momentarily challenges me to improve my own.  Once that moment passes, however, I sink back into despondency and despair over my inability to string together anything more creative than a run up a scale.  <sob>

I dont need a perfect recording to get an idea of intent or attitude. Fun. Yep

Fun is the operative word here. Hell. there's 15 year olds I've heard at the local music store that blow me out of the water until next week. But at the same time, it's not a competiion, I enjoy hearing these yungins shredding like there's no tomorrow. It inspires me.

Hopefully I can some folks who were looking for some type of push to pick up their guitar and toughen up the tips of their fingers doing whatever seems fun to them.

Kaz:  I'd like to join in the fun.  I have a tune I'd like to post because it utilizes both my 576 and my 150.  I'm a techno-dolt, though.  I have the thing on cd and I think I've an mp3 downloaded on the machine at home.  Any tips for posting it in such a way as to make it sound a little better than telephone fidelity?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  It'll be a pretty marked contrast to your shredding, which ain't my cuppa, but I do quite appreciate your technique and, much more to the point, your willingness to "expose" yourself to the audience of ne'er-do-wells on this forum.  I'd be thrilled with a little less "look" and a bit more "listen."  Thanks, man....

slate        ;)                                                                         

Kaz:  I'd like to join in the fun.  I have a tune I'd like to post because it utilizes both my 576 and my 150.  I'm a techno-dolt, though.  I have the thing on cd and I think I've an mp3 downloaded on the machine at home.  Any tips for posting it in such a way as to make it sound a little better than telephone fidelity?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  It'll be a pretty marked contrast to your shredding, which ain't my cuppa, but I do quite appreciate your technique and, much more to the point, your willingness to "expose" yourself to the audience of ne'er-do-wells on this forum.  I'd be thrilled with a little less "look" and a bit more "listen."  Thanks, man....

So the tune is already recorded and in an MP3 format? Most of this has to do with how it was originally recorded. If it sounds like telephone fidelity now, there's now a whole lot you can do. The MP3 formatting degrades the sound from a wav in my estimation by about 33%.

The main thing here is conveying your ideas. Don't worry about a minority who seem a little too wrapped up in form instead of content.

I remember reading an article where a guitar enthusiast was asking George Martin about the guitars and amps the Beatles used on the recordings for A Hard Days Night. His response was something like, "It's all just paint really"

Interesting answer. On other words, regardless of the form, it was the content that was ultimately responsible for the magic on those recordings.

When I get home I will post some links that will we beneficial for you in future endeavors.

I can tell you now, just go to www. boomp3.com and you can uplload your MP3 file and post the link here. If your not ready to shar eit with the world, send the link directly to me here and perhaps I can evaluate it enough to offer suggestions if necessary.

So the tune is already recorded and in an MP3 format? Most of this has to do with how it was originally recorded. If it sounds like telephone fidelity now, there's now a whole lot you can do. The MP3 formatting degrades the sound from a wav in my estimation by about 33%.

The main thing here is conveying your ideas. Don't worry about a minority who seem a little too wrapped up in form instead of content.

I was being sarcastic about the fidelity, knowing that the mp3 format takes a toll.  We did the project in a home studio, good mics, room ambience, Presonus and Digimax stuff, and Digital Performer software...pretty much everything but mastering, which in many cases just means compressing the crap out of everything.  So we actually had a fairly presentable piece.  Thanks for your interest!

slate

In that case, go ahead and post it. Sounds like you recorded with some pretty nice gear. What I meant by suggestions was perhaps if it needed some mastering. I have some software than can add some tone shaping, but it sounds like it will be just fine.

Looking forward to hearing it!!!!!

Archived