Heritage Owners Club

Holy Grail of tone?

barrymclark

This is a cool link.... sounds sweet to me. I love the playing and the sound.

And he has a local connection to me...

He was born in Renfro Valley . (and played the song named that also...)

One of our lifetime locals here owned the music and entertainment areas of Renfro .

He was on their board of directors, but when nothing was getting done.. he just bought it.

It included hotels , campgrounds, recording studios, stores, and several performance venues.

He (Don Evans) just recently passed on , and is missed .. he was a really great guy.

( I knew him from renting retail locations from him )

The local music store suddenly had 150 guitars to sell that included old Martins ,Gibbys, etc..

Just wow. WOW what tone this man has in his playing!

I see he had it done up with a master volume a la Gretsch.

Wonder if it still has HRW's in it.

Amen Brother!! Makes me want to start playing Jazz..SCHWEET!!!

Amen Brother!! Makes me want to start playing Jazz..SCHWEET!!!

How does it NOT! I started to learn this song after hearing this, too. Thanks to Jazz Punk generously supplying me with a great deal of sheet music, I am able to learn it quickly. :smile_mini2:

This does seem like a very cool tune to pick up.... I wish that I had more time for that kind of thing...

I hear ya!! I'm so doggoned busy trying to get this new band going, there's no time..Maybe once we start gigging the practice schedule will slow a bit.. I'm not complaining..This is what I want to do but sometimes I want to explore different music types..Last Saturday we put together "No matter What" by Badfinger..That's a song I've wanted to do since the 70's and MAN our bass player can really sing it!! Just amazing!! All I had to do was sing a little harmony and play guitar..I keep thinking I'm going to wake up, ya know? :lol:

This does seem like a very cool tune to pick up.... I wish that I had more time for that kind of thing...

I hear ya!! I'm so doggoned busy trying to get this new band going, there's no time..Maybe once we start gigging the practice schedule will slow a bit.. I'm not complaining..This is what I want to do but sometimes I want to explore different music types..Last Saturday we put together "No matter What" by Badfinger..That's a song I've wanted to do since the 70's and MAN our bass player can really sing it!! Just amazing!! All I had to do was sing a little harmony and play guitar..I keep thinking I'm going to wake up, ya know? :lol:

Archived