Heritage Owners Club

Truss rod question for a 1997 H-575

omega

Hello and I am happy to have a NOS Heritage H-575 in the gaggle. She is from 1997 antique natural. I do not know what size end to use to turn the truss rod.

I have tried different sizes but I am at a loss. Anyone if you can help, it would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Jeff

5/16"s. Stew-mac has some nice "compact ones" 5/16 is the standard gibson size, and is the same size you'll find on Gibson, Heritage, Hamer, and many other makers. The standard "traditional" truss rods available from most sources are 5/16.

5/16"s. Stew-mac has some nice "compact ones" 5/16 is the standard gibson size, and is the same size you'll find on Gibson, Heritage, Hamer, and many other makers. The standard "traditional" truss rods available from most sources are 5/16.

I should take a pic for you but I cannot seem to get the Craftsman ratchet set dealie-wop into fittting against the nut. It just wont seat and the nut does not look stripped. I squirted a touch of 3-1 oil on it to let it relax as it may be dry as a bone. I will probably not touch it, but I'd just like to know the thing moves. Thanks both of you for your gracious input.

I see your Stew Mac compacts now and that makes all the sense in the world. That looks like a great method and size for this short pocket!

Jeff

The Craftsman sockets will not work--I've tried! You need the special, compact size socket.

You are 1001% correct Sir; I found a wrench for a Les Paul 68 Custom reissue I have. It is perfect. I made a gentle and smooth 1/8th turn just to work it.

I need a Stew mac set for sure. That is nerve wracking! ^_^ Thank you all!

4656397786_7ff9d16b9a.jpg

Welcome to the club, omega...

That 575 is a beauty, for sure.

Very , very nice.

I was wondering what you all thought and I so appreciate those words Fred. Thank you so much.

Archived