Heritage Owners Club

Finally Igot it! H 555!

dann01970

Hi guys!!!

Like I sad,finally I got me self this piece of gold that I was waiting for.if you were following the e bay sales this month-?yeah,the one that was selling for 1400 and something-well I bid and won!!!so it arrived and I was stunned with it`s beauty(I was tripping for es 345 or lucille,but went to some gig and saw some guy who was playing h 535 and instantly fell in love with it),and then i started to play,to turn it im my hands,to observe-it looks litle plasticky I can say-one thing is that I don`t like this white biding,and it`s litle bit lighter than the gibson,so the sound is also affected by this,but the neck....aaaaaahhhhh...which leads us to my problem-the 6th string-Jesus!!!I mean,it seems to be set up right before it came with a new strings and everything,but I play with fingers,and I strum harder,so this frickin` string buzzes like crazy(it hits the second frett I would say,not when I`m pressing the fretboard as much as the open E-that particular buzz spolis the moment,and I do1nt have the will to play this guitar any more!)So,please guys,what should I do?Is it simple set up problem or something else?do I need havier gauge?I think its 10 on it right now.I already tried to raise a bridge(it was set low for my taste),and the problem is still present.please guys,I`m gonna cry!!! :huh:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Guest mgoetting
I couldn't really tell what was wrong with the guitar from your post. :huh:

Sounds like you just need to take your guitar to a professional and have it set up to your liking. Bet you'll be good to go after that!

I'd have it set up by an experienced pro. That costs me $30. For that money the fretboard is cleaned, my new strings are put on, the intonation is set, the frets are leveled and polished (if needed), and truss rod adjusted, and the action set at what I want. It should only need to be done about once a decade unless you change string gauges.

It's important to have a personal relationship with a luthier, someone you can trust.

Everybody here has already said it. You need to have it set up for your playing style (rule for any guitar you ever get unless you just get lucky.)

Case in point, my Heritage H140 is set up for my play. Others grab it and have the same issues you are having. Buzz for days. When I play, clear as day. I grab my buddy Jesse's guitar, and I get buzzing everywhere as he has an even lighter touch than I!

If the buzz bothers you to bad I have a nice gibson es-137 I'll trade ya for it! a 555 is only my dream guitar is all!

But in all seriousness, like the others have mentioned a good set up by a pro will take care of the buzz, probably just a high frett. unless of course you want to do that trade :huh:

Danno .. . send me that 555 and let me play it for about 6 or 7 years. I should be able to find the buzz by then . . . If so, I'll fix it and return it to you . . . . for a small repair fee. Of course, you'll also have to pay the freight both ways.

I'd have it set up by an experienced pro. That costs me $30. For that money the fretboard is cleaned, my new strings are put on, the intonation is set, the frets are leveled and polished (if needed), and truss rod adjusted, and the action set at what I want. It should only need to be done about once a decade unless you change string gauges.

Man, that's a helluva deal! Much pricier here in L.A.

Guest mgoetting
Man, that's a helluva deal! Much pricier here in L.A.

Not only that, the guy Brent pointed me too is just the best. He's quick and perfect.

There's another local luthier who worked for Heritage before he went on his own. He charges $40.

But a guy I know in Chicago had his LP done for $100. That included some fret edge filing that Gibson should have addressed prior to leaving the factory.

Hi guys!!!

Like I sad,finally I got me self this piece of gold that I was waiting for.if you were following the e bay sales this month-?yeah,the one that was selling for 1400 and something-well I bid and won!!!so it arrived and I was stunned with it`s beauty(I was tripping for es 345 or lucille,but went to some gig and saw some guy who was playing h 535 and instantly fell in love with it),and then i started to play,to turn it im my hands,to observe-it looks litle plasticky I can say-one thing is that I don`t like this white biding,and it`s litle bit lighter than the gibson,so the sound is also affected by this,but the neck....aaaaaahhhhh...which leads us to my problem-the 6th string-Jesus!!!I mean,it seems to be set up right before it came with a new strings and everything,but I play with fingers,and I strum harder,so this frickin` string buzzes like crazy(it hits the second frett I would say,not when I`m pressing the fretboard as much as the open E-that particular buzz spolis the moment,and I do1nt have the will to play this guitar any more!)So,please guys,what should I do?Is it simple set up problem or something else?do I need havier gauge?I think its 10 on it right now.I already tried to raise a bridge(it was set low for my taste),and the problem is still present.please guys,I`m gonna cry!!! :lol:

This may seem like a stupid question, but were you playing it through an amp? My H-137 has all kinds of fret buzz when played acoustically, but when she's plugged in she sings like a bird!!

Hi guys!!!

Like I sad,finally I got me self this piece of gold that I was waiting for.if you were following the e bay sales this month-?yeah,the one that was selling for 1400 and something-well I bid and won!!!so it arrived and I was stunned with it`s beauty(I was tripping for es 345 or lucille,but went to some gig and saw some guy who was playing h 535 and instantly fell in love with it),and then i started to play,to turn it im my hands,to observe-it looks litle plasticky I can say-one thing is that I don`t like this white biding,and it`s litle bit lighter than the gibson,so the sound is also affected by this,but the neck....aaaaaahhhhh...which leads us to my problem-the 6th string-Jesus!!!I mean,it seems to be set up right before it came with a new strings and everything,but I play with fingers,and I strum harder,so this frickin` string buzzes like crazy(it hits the second frett I would say,not when I`m pressing the fretboard as much as the open E-that particular buzz spolis the moment,and I do1nt have the will to play this guitar any more!)So,please guys,what should I do?Is it simple set up problem or something else?do I need havier gauge?I think its 10 on it right now.I already tried to raise a bridge(it was set low for my taste),and the problem is still present.please guys,I`m gonna cry!!! :lol:

Welcome to the club! Don't panic. Exactly as everyone else has said, it simply needs a little set-up work for your playing style. The action may currently be set a little too low for you, or the frets might be slightly uneven. I recently purchased a guitar (not a Heritage) that had this problem. Happily, I am able to do the fretwork myself and now it plays beautifully. As others have said, find a good luthier - often associated with one of your local (better) guitar stores - and you should have the playability you are looking for. Best of luck! P.S. That is one beautiful guitar, and the price was fantastic!

That is a sweet 555 and I'm sure it's not a major problem..

but if you aren't familiar with doing set-ups , a pro can produce terrific results with a set up tweak.

Let us know how you resolve it and ....enjoy that axe........

In a way, I'm kinda jealous. The last time I had a good buzz was back in 1982. Now, I don't smoke that s**t anymore.

If ya can't get rid of the buzz . . . raise the action, go to an open tuning and use it for slide guitar. As a last resort, I reiterate my offer of a 6 or 7 year evaluation . ... at no charge to you. I would advise you against bringing it to a competent luthier to correct the problem. If you do that, then the luthier is gonna fix the problem, quickly and inexpensively. Then, you'll never send it to me for a thorough 6 or 7 year evaluation.

It's important to have a personal relationship with a luthier, someone you can trust.

I have a SG I bought new a couple years ago, the nut was terrible from the factory. I had played it for a couple of weeks before I took it to my guy to have the nut replaced. He ended up filling up one slot with something and recutting it instead of replacing it. I had been using baby powder on the neck because it felt sticky. He only charged me 20 with setup plus strings but he would not give it back to me until he had oiled the fretboard for a few days and he chastised me for using baby powder!

Archived