Heritage Owners Club

Newbie with a H-150P

Mpcoluv

Hi guys,

I am a newbie to Heritage guitars even though I started playing in 1982.

I have been looking for a Les Paul type and ran across a cheap red H-150P on Ebay.

the Ebay photos showed large home depot type screws mounting the pickups to the mounting rings ao no one really was interested in it except for me.

So I got it today and it seems like a sound guitar. the pickups are some sort of Seymour Duncan's that are painted black on the back and have a mounting base

that has three holes per side. the center holes are drilled and tapped something like 8-32 by a previous unskilled owner.

After a lot of adjustment, it plays fine, but I am not wild about the Schaller roller hardware.

What pickups do you guys like in the H-150P?

I have been partial to Pearly Gates in the past.

Welcome, Mp.... Partial to...? Tom Short, Marc Ford Tombuckers. Tom wound p'ups for Marc Ford, formerly of the Black Crowes. Fine player, great tone! Lots of choices out there, though. Seth Lovers ore mighty fine, as well.

I have a 150P with split coil HRWs...I like them quite a lot. Can be very, very clean or can growl with the best of 'em...

Welcome, Mp.... Partial to...? Tom Short, Marc Ford Tombuckers. Tom wound p'ups for Marc Ford, formerly of the Black Crowes. Fine player, great tone! Lots of choices out there, though. Seth Lovers ore mighty fine, as well.

Amen to the Tom Short Marc Ford pickups! Welcome to the HOC there Mpcoluv!!

The pickup bases are pretty much screwed up. I finally got the adjusted reasonably well and it sounds pretty good.

the "Black Back" duncans are nothing special from what I can tell, butt not awful.

I am having Dave Plummer of Zhangbucker make me a set of pickups to my specs.

So after a few tweeks it should be good.

Are the 150P guitars really made of poplar?

It seems about Les Paul weight.

Archived