Heritage Owners Club

Looking for input

Trouble

Anybody ever played through a Bugera amp? I was looking at a 22watt tube combo with el34 power tubes. Nice looking and cheap all tube amp and since I usually play through 6l6 amps should have a different flavor than I'm used to when I want a change of pace. For the price I wouldn't feel bad about gigging it and I Mic my amp so its big enough. What do you guys think?

Anybody ever played through a Bugera amp? I was looking at a 22watt tube combo with el34 power tubes. Nice looking and cheap all tube amp and since I usually play through 6l6 amps should have a different flavor than I'm used to when I want a change of pace. For the price I wouldn't feel bad about gigging it and I Mic my amp so its big enough. What do you guys think?

What about a Blackheart Handsome Devil? It is 15 watts and can switch wattage downward for home playing... I am also intrigued by the Egnater Rebel 20...really good sounding amp...I have not actually heard the Bugera, but the cost is attractive... Good luck... BTW, I use the Blackheart Little Giant (5 watts/3/1) and an Axe Fx Standard for more (when more is needed or desired)...

Mark

What about a Blackheart Handsome Devil? It is 15 watts and can switch wattage downward for home playing... I am also intrigued by the Egnater Rebel 20...really good sounding amp...I have not actually heard the Bugera, but the cost is attractive... Good luck... BTW, I use the Blackheart Little Giant (5 watts/3/1) and an Axe Fx Standard for more (when more is needed or desired)...

Mark

Not sure about the egnator but isnt the blackheart a single channel amp? The egnator amps just have too many bells and whistles for me.

I can't speak on behalf of the 22 watt version... but I had the little 5 watt one for a short while and didn't care for it. It was sort of flubbery, flat, and lifeless to my ears. Of course I never gave it much of a chance and didn't try any mods to see if it could be improved upon... and like I said, haven't tried the 22 watter so that could be significantly better.

Either way, they do look cool and have a nice price tag attached.

Guest tomdread

I try not to sell anyone a bugera. If they insist I will still try and talk them out of it. I kid.....just a little......nah pretty serious actually.

Just cheap crap that litters my work environment and consumes time in paperwork and phone calls. We call them poohgera or buggera. Childish I know, but they are frustrating little pieces of crap.

Everyone who buys one seems genuinely astonished that their new amp died so quickly. I dont know why. They are cheap and cheaply made. I told them not to buy it. I told them they would have problems.

The people who dont get one that stops working grow out of them after 3mths and want to trade it in for the amp they shouldve bought 1st. Why are they offended that I dont want it back? I did tell them not to buy it. Surely that was an indicator that the resale or trade in potential was zero. Why would I want a 2nd hand piece of crap to litter the floor when I still have new pieces of crap taking up space that I dont want to sell.

FWIW most times they just send out another amp rather than repairing the broken one. Then that one breaks and the send out another and then the warranty is finished and then your amp breaks.

I think this is the clearest post Ive ever made. ;)

Feel free to dispute it. YMMV etc.

Dang Tully...tell us how you really feel!!

I have a 5w Bugera that I use for a practice amp. I like that little guy for what it is a cheap, decent sounding practice amp thats perfect for bedroom/apartment volumes.

Guest tomdread

I have a 5w Bugera that I use for a practice amp. I like that little guy for what it is a cheap, decent sounding practice amp thats perfect for bedroom/apartment volumes.

oops. Forgot people were going to read that....and that they might own one...

Bugera's.....cool little amps. Theyre great. Cheap way to get into the joy of wholesome tube goodness for very little cash. A gate way drug to bigger and better tube amps or tube amp modification and repair. (substitute "valve" for "tube" if it makes you feel better about yourself ;) )

Guest tomdread
I try not to sell anyone a bugera. If they insist I will still try and talk them out of it. I kid.....just a little......nah pretty serious actually.

Just cheap crap that litters my work environment and consumes time in paperwork and phone calls. We call them poohgera or buggera. Childish I know, but they are frustrating little pieces of crap.

Everyone who buys one seems genuinely astonished that their new amp died so quickly. I dont know why. They are cheap and cheaply made. I told them not to buy it. I told them they would have problems.

The people who dont get one that stops working grow out of them after 3mths and want to trade it in for the amp they shouldve bought 1st. Why are they offended that I dont want it back? I did tell them not to buy it. Surely that was an indicator that the resale or trade in potential was zero. Why would I want a 2nd hand piece of crap to litter the floor when I still have new pieces of crap taking up space that I dont want to sell.

FWIW most times they just send out another amp rather than repairing the broken one. Then that one breaks and the send out another and then the warranty is finished and then your amp breaks.

I think this is the clearest post Ive ever made. B)

Feel free to dispute it. YMMV etc.

oops. Forgot people were going to read that....and that they might own one...

Bugera's.....cool little amps. Theyre great. Cheap way to get into the joy of wholesome tube goodness for very little cash. A gate way drug to bigger and better tube amps or tube amp modification and repair. (substitute "valve" for "tube" if it makes you feel better about yourself ^_^ )

I LOVE Sherbert!! :D

Wow...

Apologies all round. New pain management meds seem to have loosened the brain and filter connection. After rereading these and a few other posts it looks like I was running around like a bit of a goose last night. Sorry.

Signing out now and going to bed before I have another attack of the idiots.

mmmmmm.....sherbert.

Thats good enough to keep me from buying one. Any suggestions on something comparable?

Well not sure how solid of a recomendation this will be... but I played a jet city 20 watt for a short while the other day that didn't sound half bad - I think it was priced really close to the bugera; has reverb too - just not the bright and normal seperate inputs that it sounds like you might have been looking for.

I can't really speak for it's reliability and so forth and so on though...

Well not sure how solid of a recomendation this will be... but I played a jet city 20 watt for a short while the other day that didn't sound half bad - I think it was priced really close to the bugera; has reverb too - just not the bright and normal seperate inputs that it sounds like you might have been looking for.

I can't really speak for it's reliability and so forth and so on though...

Soldano design, made in china...

It's going to be trouble finding a low-priced EL-34. :headbang: It's mostly the Britts (silly sods) that utilize the EL34 (though Yoslate may be able to hook you up with his builder!). Do your due diligence and find a good, medium priced amp then hit fleabay. With patience, you should be able to eventually find a "deal". Most medium to high priced amps sound very similar within the same model. Find a good $1k amp and shop, rule of thumb is ~1/3 off MAP which gets a fine amp for around $650; possibly less.

Let us know if you get into, er, Trouble...

Looking at your initial post, you said a 22 Watt with EL34"s". You probably meant EL84s. There are a slew of good EL84 amps out there. I bought a Vox 4Watt combo with an 8" speaker that, for the price, I adore! Guitar Denter had a sale on them for ~$180 out the door. After a few months and hours of playing, I'm still in love! It gets that sweet, clean and Voxy attitude the demarcation can be controlled with the guitar's volume. You have to mic it but in this day and age, so what!?

Archived