Heritage Owners Club

finally solved my tuning problem!

daybed

As some of you know, I had a major tuneing problem with my new H150. Thought it might have been the nut so I had a bone one cut buy a well know luthier and it didnt solve the problem. This was a major tuning problem, you would bend a note and the string would go flat almost quarter of a step. Never seen anything like it. Took it back to the luthier and we sat with it fo a while going over every detail of the guitar. Nut was cut right, strung properly, nut was lubricated, strings steched out.... He puts his hand on the bridge AND IT MOVES! like a trem, back and fourth!!! The holes drilled into the body where the bridge rest in were drilled too big. The bridge could move back and fourth freely! He ended up fixing the problem but damn what a headache, Ive spent the first month of having this guitar fighting with it. Love the guitar but surprised someting like that came from heritage, I only hear good things - but this was a pretty major problem. Glad its solved.

Nathan

??? I thought all recent 150's unless special ordered were Nashville bridges. On a Nashville the post does not screw into the body, it screws into an anchor and the anchor is pressed into the body not glued.

you know, I love my 535, but I've got to wonder about this kind of thing. I needed to get a new nut for it, the original one was cut for crap, and it came to me from a dealer who supposedly set it up.

I really want to get a 150, and priced it out. A smokin' color, with P90's, trap inlays, etc. It's over two grand, and what bothers me is the idea of having to put a new nut on it, or do some other tweak. My friends are incredulous when they see the 535 and hear it needed the new nut. I show them the one that came with it, and they say "how much did you pay for that thing??!" They all say it's a beauty, and sounds great, but say it should have been without obvious flaws.

I have to agree. I'm not sure about the 150. With the 535 I said, "well, the pleasure of owning a fine guitar will last long after the sting of the cost fades." It's had to change to "the sting of the cost and the sting of the fix".

Glad you were able to fix yours.

Yep. Regardless of brand if they put out more than one guitar at a time.

I've never seen a flaw in a Tom Anderson guitar. Tom still plays and does the final QA on every guitar that leaves his shop. It doesn't say Anderson on the peg head unless Tom says so. There are no seconds. If there's a flaw that can't be fixed - they start over. Tom's attention to detail is fanatical.

I've also never seen a flaw in Don Grosh guitar. Just wonderful guitars.

I haven't played many of the new ones, but the older PRSs were amazingly consistent and all excellent guitars. Again, amazing attention to detail.

Guest mgoetting
But they shouldn't imho.

Agreed.

I have a solid body hand built. It is unimaginable that there would be flaw that he missed. He's a one man shop.

Most of my Heritages have been excellent. Most of my old Gibsons and Guilds were also. When there was a problem, I could spot it within a couple of minutes.

Unfortunately, this does happen, and not just with Heritage. I was talking with one the the employees yesterday, and was told they are really anal about perfection; however, they are human, and mistakes do occur sometimes.

And some of those "dealer set-ups" are usually nothing more than a string change and a quick polish.

No excuses if the stories from above were Heritages' fault or the dealers'.

But I will tell you I have owned 11 Heritages and everyone was PERFECT, yes PERFECT!!!

Some sound different than others, which is to be expected with different wood. But the playability, functionality, and tone of the all my Heritages have been perfect.

AND I agree about the dealer setup response. If you think that a dealer is going to a nail a set up to your specs, you are kidding yourself. I have had to take everyone of my PRS guitars in for a set up and one of these had the worst nut the luither ever saw.

I don't know what you guys pay where you are for a bone nut, but I have paid as little as $30 for one installed. Should it be right from the factory? Of course. But people do make mistakes. I was just at the Heritage factory this weekend, and, in talking to one of the employees, he expressed frustration with the degree of perfectionism Marv has about Heritage guitars. He showed me a neck blank that had been cut that had a slight imperfection in the VISUAL quality of the wood. He said Marv would never let that go out, unless it was on a black paint job, because of the imperfection. These people are truly artists, as well as some of the best people you will ever meet. I, like many of us, have my share of import guitars, but seeing the Heritage factory first hand makes me less likely to buy my next guitar from ANYWHERE but Heritage.

PSPIII083.jpg

I am not complaining too much.

I got the H-150P (with a few dings) for much less than a Tokai, Edwards, or Epi Elitist generally go for.

Most of the issues I have had with the guitar are from a former owner......not Heritage.

But the nut does irritate me.

I am not complaining too much.

I got the H-150P (with a few dings) for much less than a Tokai, Edwards, or Epi Elitist generally go for.

Most of the issues I have had with the guitar are from a former owner......not Heritage.

But the nut does irritate me.

Get a tusq and never look back!

Archived