Heritage Owners Club

What pickups do i have? H-157 From late 80s

mboon1985

they may be specified on the label in the control cavity....Most likely shallers(4 screws) if they are stock. Commonly seymours are mounted with 1 screw each side of the pickup.

I always prefer a quick pickup removal during a string change to completely verify!

Enjoy that sweet axe!

M.M.

they may be specified on the label in the control cavity....Most likely shallers(4 screws) if they are stock. Commonly seymours are mounted with 1 screw each side of the pickup.

I always prefer a quick pickup removal during a string change to completely verify!

Enjoy that sweet axe!

M.M.

thanks!

mine appears to have two screws on both sides of the pickup, making them schaller. what are these comprable too? i've had some feedback issues lately, despite the pickups being recently filled with wax.

I've got a 157 with Schallers but have had no feedback issues. I'm no expert but I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the Schllers are PAF style and where called "golden era" by Schaller. Some here like them and some like to swap them out along with the Schaller roller bridge and stop tail. I'm leaving mine in for now. Was the feedback present before waxing them?

Archived