Heritage Owners Club

Nashville TN--no Heritage sellers?

Donelson

From the Heritage website dealer locator, I see that the only Heritage dealer in TN is in Clinton, nowhere near Nashville. Many hours drive from here.

Is this true?

Some type of legal contracts "cold war"?

Nashville is "Music City USA" but also home base for Gibson Guitars.

I already own & use a Heritage H575 custom, so I'm not looking to buy at the moment, but would love to go into a local shop where new Heritages were for sale. Seems impossible.

I would have to suspect that the absence of Heritage dealers in or near Nashville is by design. Don't know that for sure, but given the recent history of the two it would seem logical ... to me.

I think you'll find that Paradise Music in Clinton has moved a little south... to Key Largo! It's been some time since I stopped by on my monthly trek to SC. I checked the web site and it says the move was last month.

If you ever get up to the Louisville area, we've got a nice Heritage dealer here. Steilbergs usually keeps several in stock.

I think it's odd that Nashville doesn't have a Heritage dealer. I am Huntsville and we haven't had a Heritage dealer for about 15 years.

I think it's odd that Nashville doesn't have a Heritage dealer. I am Huntsville and we haven't had a Heritage dealer for about 15 years.

Not only is that odd, it's a damn shame. I had no idea. I got my Heritage off e-bay new old stock 2 years ago. I just assumed that there was a store here in Nashville that sold the Heritage line.

I'm Nashville born & bred but ventured north for many years to attend Berklee & lived in NYC for 20 yrs. I even worked at the Gibson plant for a few days back in the 70's for "Manpower" doing some type of menial tasks for minimum wage, like moving boxes around. I've been back here for 4 years. So Nashville seems strange to me, it's changed so much, for better & for worse.

Maybe it's a good thing if there's total enmity between Gibson & Heritage. If Gibson bought them out, the Heritage would quickly become the Schmeritage.

I bought a brand new Gibson ES135 several years ago that was made in the Memphis plant where they make the jazz guitars now, & it was shockingly poor. Evidence of sloppiness all over. I took out the neck PU to look inside & there was sawdust, rough joints, general yucky crappiness. Super-rough fret edges. Etc., etc. That guitar is now owned by some other person!

P.S. I didn't really mean to bash Gibson, but their legal dept. must rival Apple or Scientology.

Couple of points in response. First, I wouldn't say it's total animosity between the two companies. Word from an uber reliable source is that the two were quite friendly until the current administration took over in Nashville. And things could get better, you never know.

Secondly, Gibson buying Heritage will never happen. :glasses7:

I talked to Vince at PSPIII, and asked him how difficult it was for a small music shop to become a Heritage dealer. He said they could buy as little as 6 pieces, and they got to pick which guitars they got. From my understanding, this is very reasonable, compared to the "big boys," PRS, Gibson, and Fender, all TELLING dealers what they will be buying, and having a large yearly obligation. I've been a salesman all my life, and love Heritage guitars, so I intend on letting any independent shop I frequent know that I feel they are missing out on an opportunity to carry one of the best lines available, with little commitment on their part. If we all did the same, and, perhaps even brought some of our own pieces in so they could see the quality, maybe some of these guys would see the light. I know, many aren't about to make ANY move that requires outlay of more money right now, but if we don't spread the word, who will?

Archived