Heritage Owners Club

NGD Sweet 16- another maybe

Guest mgoetting

Guest mgoetting

There was a nice looking Sweet 16 with some finish damage on Ebay. This is the first time I used an automatic bidder as a free trial. I capped out at $1170. The auction ended with me the high bidder, but I was under the reserve. About 10 minutes later I got a message from Ebay that I could buy it for that price. I accepted. It moved me to PayPal and I paid.

A few minutes later I got a message from the seller that he did not understand what the second chance option was and thought I was being offered a last chance to buy it at the BIN price of $3000.

Being a decent guy I cooperated with him and cancelled the auction. After a few minutes of not getting my refund, I contacted PayPal. They already had locked up the money I sent him, so I'm safe.

Half hour later I get this message that the guitar is being shipped!

Here's the guitar:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

In some ways I'm more comfortable playing a guitar that's already beat up. I just don't worry about it so much.

So right now I don't know if it's coming my way or not. But I know that if I don't get it, my money will be returned to me.

I've never been much of a fan of PayPal until now. I talked with a rep today and felt much more comfortable.

Guest mgoetting

Yeah, I noticed that.

I figure it was one of those posthumous purchases. You know, you get to heaven but forgot to bring a Heritage, so you gotta buy one.

A "G" serial number indicates that it is a 1990, yet according to the story the owner died in the "late 80's"

Yaa, that is a little odd. Also the bit about 'heat damage' ? I see scratches. Iwas expecting to see cracks and warps.

you could be in for a real sweet deal tho.

godspeed.

The seller made an honest mistake. I got my money back today.

All is well.

In the end, that is a good thing. And Mark, that is one great attitude towards the deal. If we still had karma points you'd get one from me. ;)

It's too bad that you didn't get it... it is a sharp one. I do think that most of that would buff out.

But also kudos to you for being a good person to deal with. :huh:

For some people it is just the natural thing to do , to be the good guy. Cool.

Guest mgoetting

The only reason I bid on this was because a friend of mine wanted me to try out E-Snipe. My max bid was only $1200 for something I thought would get much more. I never expected to buy it.

This is the second recent example where a person started out acting like a jerk but wasn't. At least half of communication is non-verbal, probably 90%. To make things worse, many can't keyboard well.

I find if you always take the high road you'll much more likely have a good outcome. I fall short at times, but that's my goal.

Archived