Heritage Owners Club

Peavey Valve King VK112

peacemaker

I've got a big audition coming up. The house amp is a Peavey Valve King VK112. I usually play through an early 70s Fender Twin. Anybody know anything about this model Peavey? How's reverb on it? How would the amp compare with my Twin? Just want to know what to expect . . . Thanks for any input you can offer!

I don't have any experience with that particular model, but I have owned several Peavey amps, and have loved all of them..I currently have a Classic 30 which has a fine sounding real spring reverb..Hope that helps..?

The audition went well. I had some time with the amp before hand to get my head around it. It lacked both the massive bottom and the shimmery highs of my Twin. It also seemed to lack some articulation. The spring reverb was decent, even though I had to turn it up to 7 or so to equal 3 or 4 on my Twin. Still, it had that tube warmth and a nice enough overdrive section. The Boost button on the footswitch was a nice addition. In short, it could have been much, much worse. Not an amp I'd throw down serious money on, but not one I'd really complain about either. It was good. Thanks for the advice, guys! I'll see exactly HOW well the audition went in a few days . . . :thumbsup: Here's hoping . . .

The audition went well. I had some time with the amp before hand to get my head around it. It lacked both the massive bottom and the shimmery highs of my Twin. It also seemed to lack some articulation. The spring reverb was decent, even though I had to turn it up to 7 or so to equal 3 or 4 on my Twin. Still, it had that tube warmth and a nice enough overdrive section. The Boost button on the footswitch was a nice addition. In short, it could have been much, much worse. Not an amp I'd throw down serious money on, but not one I'd really complain about either. It was good. Thanks for the advice, guys! I'll see exactly HOW well the audition went in a few days . . . :thumbsup: Here's hoping . . .

Good Luck Brother!!

Archived