Heritage Owners Club

NGD- the "just right" one

Guest mgoetting

Guest mgoetting

Here's the link to the photos. My pics won't add anything.

Killer Golden Eagle Ebay Auction

The neck is a medium plus C. It's not fat. There's nothing not to like.

Even the strap button is properly located, Big Bob (hint).

I'd give you a sound report, but all I have is a Micro Cube right now.

Guest mgoetting

This guitar required a lot of thought and discussion with the seller because of the price. So no, I don't intend on selling this. I would lose my shirt. This is a niche guitar. If it weren't, it would be in the Heritage brochure.

I was toying with the idea of a 525 with Seths, spruce and a 25.5" scale as a custom order when I saw this ad. The custom order would have cost me more.

I calculated what I would need to sell to make this work. There was some serious interest by others on this guitar and it didn't make sense for me to lose it.

The seller, Chris, is a high end guitar seller who has been great to work with.

Guest mgoetting

This guitar required a lot of thought and discussion with the seller because of the price. So no, I don't intend on selling this. I would lose my shirt. This is a niche guitar. If it weren't, it would be in the Heritage brochure.

I was toying with the idea of a 525 with Seths, spruce and a 25.5" scale as a custom order when I saw this ad. The custom order would have cost me more.

I calculated what I would need to sell to make this work. There was some serious interest by others on this guitar and it didn't make sense for me to lose it.

The seller, Chris, is a high end guitar seller who has been great to work with.

I have not seen a Heritage with a wood tail piece. Mark let us know if you find a difference. I know it would be hard to compare without changing back and forth on the same guitar, but I have read that it makes a warmer sound vs. a metal tail piece being brighter.

Beautiful guitar! One of the coolest Golden Eagles I've seen!

Congratulations Mark

Mark,

Great buy, just a really beautiful, and unique G.E.! I too, have a "thinline" Golden Eagle, antique blonde (all over) with venetian cutaway (round) and the most incredible quilted back and sides I've ever seen! It too, has the Johnny Smith shaped pickguard, but mine is bound ebony instead of charcoal-flamed maple. It is an incredible sounding and playing guitar, it is so comfortable to hold due to the thinner body depth. Mine is a keeper, too!

One question. Is the ebony hinged tailpiece standard equipment from the Heritage custom shop? I would really like to get one for mine. (It has the standard metal "H") I also notice that yours has a tuneomatic style bridge, whereas mine has an all wooden one. Do you like a metal or a wooden bridge better? Thanks, Mark. Again, beautiful Heritage!

P.S.: Why don't you include some detailed pics? ;) (just kidding!)

Here is a really bad pic from my webcam of the back of my Golden Eagle thinline. Hope this works! I'll try to get some good pics up soon, it really is a lovely archtop.

post-35-1282468185_thumb.jpg

Stunning guitar, Mark. Congratulations! It's funny, I had to sell a couple of guitars to get your 525, YOU had to sell a few guitars to get the Golden Eagle; I wonder how many axes found new homes for this Eagle to land?!

Here's the link to the photos. My pics won't add anything.

Killer Golden Eagle Ebay Auction

The neck is a medium plus C. It's not fat. There's nothing not to like.

Even the strap button is properly located, Big Bob (hint).

I'd give you a sound report, but all I have is a Micro Cube right now.

Wow Mark,

Just saw your post re: the Golden Eagle purchase. Verrrrry nice. My contribution to the purchase is on the way. Enjoy it. Play well and often.

Chuck

Archived