Heritage Owners Club

N'Amp Day!

I just received my Cube 80x from Mark today.

In a word: PERFECT.

It is for me anyways.

I haven't owned a JC120 so I can't really comment on how close the JC model is to the real thing, but I can say that it has EXACTLY the sound I hear in my head when I think 'jazz'. With all the tone dials set at 12 o'clock, I am ready to go using the Presence control to attenuate for the room.

That is why, primarily, I wanted this amp. Anything beyond that is just icing.

...but there is so much icing I am bouncing off the walls from the sugar buzz.

My instant favorites are the JC (of course), Blackface, British Stack and Metal.

The Blackface, with the gain up somewhat, I was able to that wonderful biting type of tone that is similar to Setzer's. I'd use it confidently in front of anyone.

The British Stack, dime everything and you have that arena rock tone.

The Metal, which is a 5150 model (used to own one), just dime that too and you can grind away. I'd have no problem reuniting with my old metal band with this as my amp.

I have my bases covered.

That JC though, that is just THE sound for me coupled with the 575 and 140.

Couldn't be happier.

The real kicker is that this whole amp is just so user friendly. It was very easy to figure everything out.

I will go more into the settings tomorrow and I will have to get pictures tomorrow as the flash will wake up the wife.

I just love amps that are versatile ....turn some knobs , hit a button..and different beast.

And this one does a lot of amp sounds ... .. that must be fun .

It says a lot that you like so many that are so different from each other.

Here are the pictures!

I have spent a decent portion of today with tweaking in the jazz tone I want on it. Found it! JC setting: bass at just past 9 and the same with mid but just a bit more. The Treble at noon and, for my bass-heavy bedroom, the presence knob is pegged. This is with the 575 with the neck pickup on only.

That is the sound that just gives back to me what I put into it and more.

Just stunning that an amp can sound so good for as little money as they cost (relatively speaking of course). To make the deal better, Mark gave this to me at a remarkable price. Thank you so much, Mark. I like my Vox and I will always speak well of it, but this... THIS is my sound. This does a good mimic of my Vox though. Not dead on, but close enough for no one to ask questions. ;)

Oh, and this amp will HOWL. haha. Man this little thing cranks! I can't imagine how loud it must be through an extension cabinet.

Archived