Heritage Owners Club

Roland Cube 80x Tone Test

Guest mgoetting
...and you can't even see the gash in my upper and bottom lip in this video from the dog incident!

Just don't get blood in the f hole. You'll never get it out.

Guest mgoetting

I note your posture while playing. You look comfortable. Do you use a foot rest? How about a strap?

The neck looks like it's pointing forward. Does that make it challenging to get to the first fret?

I note your posture while playing. You look comfortable.

Quite comfy. I just sit down and let the guitar lay the way its gonna lay.

Do you use a foot rest?

Nope.

How about a strap?

Not in this picture although I do plan to start playing with one regardless of sitting or standing. I just got a Heritage leather strap from GuitArtMan that has the peghead tie-off.

The neck looks like it's pointing forward. Does that make it challenging to get to the first fret?

It does indeed angle out. The greatest difficulty this position actually offers me is chording where my pinky has the bass note. Not all of them but some.

When I sit with the guitar's lower bout resting between my knees with the neck angled in and upward, that eliminates that chording issue.

Guest mgoetting
Quite comfy. I just sit down and let the guitar lay the way its gonna lay.

Nope.

Not in this picture although I do plan to start playing with one regardless of sitting or standing. I just got a Heritage leather strap from GuitArtMan that has the peghead tie-off.

It does indeed angle out. The greatest difficulty this position actually offers me is chording where my pinky has the bass note. Not all of them but some.

When I sit with the guitar's lower bout resting between my knees with the neck angled in and upward, that eliminates that chording issue.

Let me know how the strap works for you. The strap button at the base of the neck makes a slight obstacle to high fret work on the bigger boxes.

Resting the lower bout between your knees? That's what the 140 is for.

I use straps almost always. It standardizes positioning and the friction of the strap will hold the guitar with the neck pointed a bit more toward the ceiling.

Let me know how the strap works for you. The strap button at the base of the neck makes a slight obstacle to high fret work on the bigger boxes.

Resting the lower bout between your knees? That's what the 140 is for.

I use straps almost always. It standardizes positioning and the friction of the strap will hold the guitar with the neck pointed a bit more toward the ceiling.

That's what I am hoping for. Since this one doesn't have a neck strap button, we will have to see how all that works out. Never really dealt with a guitar that needed a peghead tie-off.

Ok, played with the strap some last night. I got the guitar into a comfortable playing position with regards to my hands but it will take some getting used to as I am just not used to the guitar jutting into my chest and I have to use my forearm to hold the guitar a little so I lose some freedom of movement in my picking hand's arm but gain the movement in my fretting hand's arm.

Archived