Heritage Owners Club

The Heritage Pink Les Paul Hansen Signature (1994)

Schroerg

Friends,

make sure that you are cold blooded reading this, not to get blind, watching the pic below... :)

I know both guitars myself. I took the pic from a 1994 Japan tour book. I have been touring with Gamma Ray as guitar tech back then and I also bought a white H-157 from Kai Hansen around that time - that I still have and love. Will meet him in around 2 weeks and try to release him from another H-150 that he has... anyway, I'll be back to you later on that subject.

Does anyone know anything about this The Heritage Pink Les Paul Hansen Signature?

I know a bit, but there must be some of these out there!

Indeed Kai and Dirk didn't have the real signature models. Their 2 have been custom made for them, but Kai was told that they will release it as signature model. He never saw one, I did. One only, around that time in Hamburg in a shop called Amptown. It looked as pink as these here, but it said Kai Hansen on the truss rod cover. Later on it was gone, somebody with a serious lack of taste towards colors must have bought it.

Kai told me, that he tried a few years later to get in contact with Heritage, but nobody there could actually remember him.

For those that don't him: Kai was one of the founders of Helloween, a German melodic metal band. He left in 1988 or so, to form Gamma Ray, which are still active. Kai is something like a metal god to some people. And surely a lovely guy and one of the best metal guitarists around.

Both guitars had a broken headstock later on. I was working for Dirk (who played guitar at that time, before he switched back to bass) back then, opened the case and saw the disaster, after unloading it from the bus.

Kai broke his headstock during a show in Cologne. Lacking a tremolo, he was pushing the headstock to simulate a dive bomb and killed it right on stage. His tech came to me, as he couldn't tune it anymore, and then I found out about the misery. Both got repaired, but they didn't go on tour with them anymore after that. Dirks is hanging on the wall in Gamma Rays favorite restaurant in Hamburg, Kai will still have his somewhere in his collection.

I was actually browsing the web to look for pics where he played mine (he played it in this video http://youtu.be/9rpCVgI1BJ4) and suddenly remembered the color and story behind the pink ones.

Both guitars sounded fantastic, by the way.

post-13310-0-53382400-1379092237_thumb.jpg

What a cool history on those guitars!! The headstock bit gave me the shivers.

Here's my take on the Pink H150. Anybody can order any guitar from Heritage in just about any color you can talk them in to. So, if they thought they could do pink, then there you go. Anybody can make a TRC with any name on it. Heritage is approached quite often for signature guitars. Very few are actually made.

TheHeritagePinkLesPaulHansenSignature199

That is too cool!! Would love to hear more about these guitars and the players. I'm not much of a metal head. But can appreciate anyone that appreciates Heritage Guitars.

Guess we'll have to ask the boys about it.... Seriously though, signature models probably have more than a TRC with the artists name, don't they?

Not really. Alex Sckolnick had a signature on the headstock and an inlayed "S" on the 12 fret (maybe a bound headstock). Otherwise it was was a 150 that was priced $1K more. Great Great Great guitars, but I personally would love to have a 150 without someones name on it (and save the $$$)!!!

Archived