Heritage Owners Club

New Pickguard?

gr81dorn

Can I get a different pickguard for my 535? I want one with binding. Could I just send it in and have them bind it and refinish it? Does anyone around here do that as a hobbyist? It's just too plain for my liking. I know that no 2 are alike, too, so I'd need this original to be the pattern for a new one or the actual binding just added to this one. Thoughts?

I seem to remember someone buying binding from stew mac on this forum and binding their pickguard themselves for a Heritage. I don't remember if it was a 535, but what your talking about is possible. I wouldn't recommend a new one, it will never match because yours has had time for the lacquer to yellow & wood is like a fingerprint, no two the same.

If you want your current PG bound, I would suggest finding a luthier near you. If you want a new PG I'm sure Heritage could do it. Why not call Heritage and ask?

I reached out to them...$185+ Shipping...ouch :(

I found a repro pickguard for a Gibson L7 and I am gonna attempt to cut it to fit around the pickup rings. I've got the original to trace. and even use as a routing template, so it should work out pretty fine. Worth a try at least, and tons cheaper than a new one.

Archived