Heritage Owners Club

Saturday's Gig Pic - Quilter Amp

tulk1

We did a pick up gig last Saturday for the bass player. He likes this place, it's owned by a friend, you play for the door, and it's tiny. So I dragged the Quilter Aviator 8 out in it's own skin. I've been using it in the head cab on top of a 112 or 212. This time, just the little 8' Avi all by it's lonesome. Did a great job!! Lots of volume. But better than that ... lots of "my" tone. Liked it a lot. Maybe I'm just not that picky on amps? (ha!!!) Anyway, here's a couple of pics.

20170408_221720.jpg

20170408_221711.jpg

Wow, tiny indeed. Does it have tilt legs or are you just leaning it back against something?

Wow, tiny indeed. Does it have tilt legs or are you just leaning it back against something?

Yeah, it's not a big amp so far as the footprint goes. Not at all. It's leaning on a guitar stand. Same kind as my guitar in the forefront in the 2nd pic. Makes a great amp stand for the 8" amp.

Im quite curious about these amps now!

Thats really is a little amp!

Pedal board looks good also.

Kinda like a beacon if you wander off and forget where you were meant to be.

If I ever buy one its gonna be the little head and pair it with a 4x12 cabinet

Wil, you're still thinking too much inside the box.

ae00-4919.jpg

2x8 wide dispersal cab.

Even though I have both the Tone Block 200 and the Pro Block 200 there's not a snow ball's chance in he!! I'm gonna pay $700.00 for a wood box with a pair of 8" speakers in it. Besides my 1-15" cab is only slightly larger, it's1/3 the price, and sounds far better.

[emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is funny. I got a good chuckle out of that.

Even though I have both the Tone Block 200 and the Pro Block 200 there's not a snow ball's chance in he!! I'm gonna pay $700.00 for a wood box with a pair of 8" speakers in it. Besides my 1-15" cab is only slightly larger, it's1/3 the price, and sounds far better.

Agreed. I think it's a cool looking speaker cab. But my Mesa 115 wide body sounds great with the Avi8. The Marshall JCM900 212 cab sounds HUGE with the Quilter. But. $700. Yeah, no.

My reason for posting that, tho', was to suggest we shouldn't pigeon hole ourselves into one concept, specifically that only tubes and huge cabs have tone. How many of our "guitar heroes" actually used stock anything? They pushed the envelope, worked outside of the box, blah blah (insert cliche`). And I like what Pat Quilter is doing with his amps. But again ....... yeah, that 2x8 is a bit over priced for the regular local hero.

That is funny. I got a good chuckle out of that.

Agreed. I think it's a cool looking speaker cab. But my Mesa 115 wide body sounds great with the Avi8. The Marshall JCM900 212 cab sounds HUGE with the Quilter. But. $700. Yeah, no.

My reason for posting that, tho', was to suggest we shouldn't pigeon hole ourselves into one concept, specifically that only tubes and huge cabs have tone. How many of our "guitar heroes" actually used stock anything? They pushed the envelope, worked outside of the box, blah blah (insert cliche`). And I like what Pat Quilter is doing with his amps. But again ....... yeah, that 2x8 is a bit over priced for the regular local hero.

That's also why I didn't go that route. I have two different Jet City 2x12 Cabinets. One with Emence and the other with Greenbacks. Amp sounds killer in them and they cost a lot less (The one Jet City Cab is now a USA Custom cabinet that has gone way up in price)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a ProBlock 200 as my backup amp and love the 2 x 8 speaker but man, how do they get away with charging 700 bucks.

Someday, someone will part with one. In the mean time though, I am on the hunt for an AVATAR 2 x 12 cabinet (some day, I will have the 2 x 8)

Quilter is on to something

Archived