Heritage Owners Club

opened up the bahama burst

big bob

So I opened up the bahama burst H-150 custom light weight, made by "the girl" Katie Flamm, and well this thing is totally hollow. not chambered, hollow like a millie, but she weighs far less than my millie did. probably the mahogany back and sides. the other weird thing was in the control cavity is a written note that reads "to sissy"?

what is a chambered guitar supposed to be?

Steiner check your pm's

I had pics but my camera/computer ate them, will take more later. I opened up the toggle cavity and looked inside with a lited dental mirror could see both pups, schaller..just weird as I thought chambered ment only some wood removed..

this is rapidly becoming my #1 playing git.. just love it ..

P1010025-1.jpg

P1010028.jpg

P1010031.jpg

P1010033.jpg

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae331/t...ob/P1010035.jpg

P1010039.jpg

.... the other weird thing was in the control cavity is a written note that reads "to sissy"?

That's pretty cool. Leave the note in there in case Katie ever gets it back.

So I opened up the bahama burst H-150 custom light weight, made by "the girl" Katie Flamm, and well this thing is totally hollow. not chambered, hollow like a millie, but she weighs far less than my millie did. probably the mahogany back and sides. the other weird thing was in the control cavity is a written note that reads "to sissy"?

what is a chambered guitar supposed to be?

Steiner check your pm's

Ok to clear up the confusion**********

First I’m thankful a HOC member got her. Couldn’t have found a more loving home.

Your choice of color label is creative but wrong, we nicked named her the psychedelic popsicle,

anyone that knows me usually sees me in some type of tye-dye. And the “for sissy” on the inside, this was written by Chris the body builder. We both made our 150LW’s at the same time. His says “for bub” on the inside. Just a personal FYI it was the 6th one made. Bonus for you. Sorry that I decided to put a funky serial number on the back of the head stock, but I’m the girl it had to be different. LOL Also you will find the frets are perfect I did pay the extra money to have her plecked so enjoy. She was a screamer and I do somewhat miss her but I can’t play worth crap and traded it for partial payment on a 88 Mustang with a 347 stroker motor in it. I sure can drive that! If I can answer anything else for you let me know. I can’t express enough how glad I am she is staying in the Heritage family.

Katie

First I’m thankful a HOC member got her. Couldn’t have found a more loving home.

Your choice of color label is creative but wrong, we nicked named her the psychedelic popsicle,

anyone that knows me usually sees me in some type of tye-dye. And the “for sissy” on the inside, this was written by Chris the body builder. We both made our 150LW’s at the same time. His says “for bub” on the inside. Just a personal FYI it was the 6th one made. Bonus for you. Sorry that I decided to put a funky serial number on the back of the head stock, but I’m the girl it had to be different. LOL Also you will find the frets are perfect I did pay the extra money to have her plecked so enjoy. She was a screamer and I do somewhat miss her but I can’t play worth crap and traded it for partial payment on a 88 Mustang with a 347 stroker motor in it. I sure can drive that! If I can answer anything else for you let me know. I can’t express enough how glad I am she is staying in the Heritage family.

Katie

Wow, that is some really neat history behind a neat guitar. How sweet is it to own something like that? Better hang on to that one Lance. Thanks for the post Katie. Always fascinating to hear some of the personal detail behind a very nice Heritage. (or maybe you would prefer Mustang Katie? - LOL)

Katie

psychedelic popsicle, I like it.. Thanks for the info. You did a great job I appreciate it more every time I play her. Which I think I should go do.

hope to see you at pspII maybe I could get you to sign the label in exchange for a beer or two.

Thanks

Lance

p.s. I have no plans on selling her, she's a keeper.

psychedelic popsicle, I like it.. Thanks for the info. You did a great job I appreciate it more every time I play her. Which I think I should go do.

hope to see you at pspII maybe I could get you to sign the label in exchange for a beer or two.

Thanks

Lance

p.s. I have no plans on selling her, she's a keeper.

I would definitely try to have that done. Yet another thing I love about the Heritage. Heritage Guitars is not a faceless company, but a group of really great people that I like to call friends (not just employees).

And if you ever want to hear the a "quite direct response" about what Katie thinks of the Heritage vs Gibson comparison, JUST ASK HER!!!

SHE DOESN'T HOLD BACK, and I for one love that!!!!

You ROCK Katie!!!

Just a great group..

Ren can get grumpy, if you ask too many weiring questions!

Hmmm, I have never seen that. Maybe he gets grumpy at too many stupid questions? :D :D :)

If I can answer anything else for you let me know. I can’t express enough how glad I am she is staying in the Heritage family.

Katie

Katie,

How was the body constructed. Does not look like a millie, looks like a piece of hog was hollowed and a maple cap glued on. Can you tell us how it was tooled? TKS

Dude that is effin tight (awesome). Got the whole back history man. That is all there is to it! You cannot get this from the G man, they're just too big / don't care.

Also, thanks Katie.

Archived