Heritage Owners Club

Heritage website inaccuracy

Guest mgoetting

Guest mgoetting

Here's the website H170 specs from today:

Heritage H 170 Specifications :

Neck : 17 degree peghead pitch; one piece mahogany neck.

Fingerboard : 24 3/4” scale rosewood fingerboard with 22 frets; mother of pearl position markers.

Body : Double cutaway; solid body with solid carved curly maple top and mahogany back; cream bound top; with cream pickguard.

Body Size :

Rim Thickness - 1 1/2”

Body Width - 12 1/2”

Body Length - 17 1/4”

Electronics : Two humbucking pickups with exposed coils; two volume and one master tone control with selector switch.

The 2010 price list shows a 13" width and 2" rim.

I know there are differences between the 1st and 2nd edition. The website lists the old dimensions. I will notify Heritage so they can update their site.

I will notify Heritage so they can update their site.

After your call, I can see Ren running out of the office and bumping into Marv spilling Marv's coffee all over him and Marv having to go home to change his clothes, thus not getting to work on my 357. I hope you will ask about my 357 and the 525 for Mojo's before you shake up their day.

Nah, I don't really see that at all...........

I just can't believe they would print such an inaccuracy. I have also spotted an Inaccuracy, the website lists

Electronics : Two humbucking pickups with exposed coils; two volume and one master tone control with selector switch.

Mine has three with chrome covers. and this

Fingerboard : 24 3/4” scale rosewood fingerboard with 22 frets; mother of pearl position markers.

I think they meant bound ebony board w/o position markers

and no mention of the scarfed back..

Come on heritage get it right.

036.jpg

Hey, give em a break! Nobody said they were Website Maestros, but they are certainly Guitar Making Maestros!

I take it you haven't met, Lance, "Big Bob." His tongue is firmly in his cheek on this one; the guitar he has pictured is a total custom job, not a run of the mill 170. He just wanted another chance to show that baby off!!

:P:rolleyes:

Guest mgoetting

A long time ago they had some spelling errors on the website. A word to the webmaster and they were cleaned up.

They never changed the specs from the first generation 170, my guess is. I let the webmaster know and that should take care of it.

It turned out to be close to embarrassing to me that the wrong 170 specs were posted. I asked a guy who has a 2x13 inch body 170 to double check the measurements because they seemed large to me. Fortunately he looked at the website at understood that I'm not just someone who howls at the moon. Well, not that often anymore.

Guest mgoetting

A long time ago they had some spelling errors on the website. A word to the webmaster and they were cleaned up.

They never changed the specs from the first generation 170, my guess is. I let the webmaster know and that should take care of it.

It turned out to be close to embarrassing to me that the wrong 170 specs were posted. I asked a guy who has a 2x13 inch body 170 to double check the measurements because they seemed large to me. Fortunately he looked at the website at understood that I'm not just someone who howls at the moon. Well, not that often anymore.

I take it you haven't met, Lance, "Big Bob." His tongue is firmly in his cheek on this one; the guitar he has pictured is a total custom job, not a run of the mill 170. He just wanted another chance to show that baby off!!

:P:rolleyes:

am I that transparent.

IMG_0398.jpg

Mark I measured my 170 and it width is 12 3/4 ... Ha...... aint that a kick in the pants..

Guest mgoetting
am I that transparent.

IMG_0398.jpg

Mark I measured my 170 and it width is 12 3/4 ... Ha...... aint that a kick in the pants..

They owe you some wood, my friend.

It mighta weighed 11 lbs. with that extra quarter inch.

How can it be 12 3/4"? The guy I talked with measured his at exactly 13". The Second Edition specs are 13", not "a little more than a foot". Did you get the H170 1.5 Edition? Did someone just go Leatherface at Heritage that day and become psycho with a saw?

Something I truly like about Heritages is that they are NOT all the same. I hope it fits in the case.

Guest HRB853370

;):smile_mini:

OK, yes Lance with the Big Fro!

Hope to meet him next hear at Pilgramage.

Archived