Heritage Owners Club

Neck Questions on New 150cm

602a

Guest mgoetting

The neck should flex but come back in tune. Usually tuning instability relates to the tuners and possibly the bridge, nut or strings. There's no trem I assume.

Guest mgoetting
The neck should flex but come back in tune. Usually tuning instability relates to the tuners and possibly the bridge, nut or strings. There's no trem I assume.

I looked at your pics. No trem.

The neck should not budge. The glued joint is more stable than the wood itself.

no the neck when very lightly pulled on towards the back pulls the strings down all the way to the frets. My guitars are set about med. Not too high not too low. I tried this on a Gi__on and the neck has no flex at all.

I've had necks on guitars that were more flexible. It was just the character of that piece of wood.

If it was the glue joint then it would open and close at the neck/body joint when you flex it.

If the neck/body joint is solid there is nothing wrong structurally.

You've just got a whippy neck. 335's and SG's are famous for this.

This may seem like a dumb question, but did you properly stretch out the strings when you put em on..Most tuning problems I've had related to string slippage..YMMV..

No i't not a dumb question. The neck actually flexes about 1/8 of a inch.

I'd tighten the truss rod a bit..just a quarter turn at a time..That'll stiffen it up a bit..

My guess is you are feeling the strings catching in the nut and then moving through the neck, resulting in the guitar out of tune.

Of the 11 Heritages I have owned, I have NEVER had a neck issue. (Just answering your question).

My guess is you are feeling the strings catching in the nut and then moving through the neck, resulting in the guitar out of tune.

Of the 11 Heritages I have owned, I have NEVER had a neck issue. (Just answering your question).

If that is the case a little vaseline in the nut slots will do the trick..i do that on all my guitars.. :D

Now that you mentioned it my tech did adjust a slight bow in the neck yesterday. I will take it back and make sure everything is tight. I hope that's what it is . Thanks for the input. Keep it coming. I would hate to part with this guitar.

Now that you mentioned it my tech did adjust a slight bow in the neck yesterday. I will take it back and make sure everything is tight. I hope that's what it is . Thanks for the input. Keep it coming. I would hate to part with this guitar.

that sounds like a good idea..Keep us posted..Good Luck!!

just a quick 2 cents worth on stopping strings catching in nuts, rub some graphite into the slots, that should make them much better. Hope you get the guitar sorted out.

Took it this morning to BETTER TECH and found out it was the nut on the truss rod. Get this, it was broken. Bad nut? Glad thats all it was. Thanks for all your help

Wouldn't go back to the first tech that's for sure.

Anyone ever hear of a broken truss rod nut? It's a new one for me.

Wouldn't go back to the first tech that's for sure.

Anyone ever hear of a broken truss rod nut? It's a new one for me.

Maybe that first "tech" broke it? My 2 cents..Can't imagine it coming out of the factory that way..

Yea when the new one was put on he adjusted the neck and it git tight. He said this was the first he'd seen. Glad that's all to it.

I used to be scared as alll hell to adjust a truss rod...its really not that big of a deal...glad you got your Heritage back in tip-top rockin condition!

Archived