Heritage Owners Club

NAD - Juke Coda

rjsanders

traded my Juke 112, my go-to grab&go amp for the past few years, for a new Juke Coda.

quick "notes": TGP thread by LeonC pretty much says and shows it all. TGP Webzine article is referenced therein

incredible

;)

You got that right Brother!! Love the swampy tremelo thang!! Maybe when I hit the Lottery!! <_<

If you don't want to give a specific price, that's ok..how about a range..Was it under 2K?

"list" is $2600, but you buy direct from Gary Croteau, the designer-builder, these days, so it's well under $2K. if he has a demo unit around, it'll be even less. i recommend a call to find what's available now...

btw, here's his e-bay page: http://myworld.ebay.com/warbler_muse

:D

"list" is $2600, but you buy direct from Gary Croteau, the designer-builder, these days, so it's well under $2K. if he has a demo unit around, it'll be even less. i recommend a call to find what's available now...

btw, here's his e-bay page: http://myworld.ebay.com/warbler_muse

:lol:

thanks..Too rich for my blood..Maybe next year.. :D

thanks..Too rich for my blood..Maybe next year.. :D

yeahman, start savin' up! tell ya what: a lotta guys (& gals?) here are plugging quality guits into just-okay amps. use one of these Jukes (or similar quality amps) & you will hear the difference

:lol:

The demo of the Juke Coda has some killer tone... very enjoyable sounding amp.... You must be having fun now..!!!

!

good as Leon is at recording & youtubery (& i think he's among the best & i scrutinized w/PC into full stereo system w/JBL L100 speakers), this Coda just absolutely slays me live & in person. big surprise was how much i like the Jensen Tornado (neo magnet)...

Leon couldn't cover everything, so...you oughta hear this thing in cathode bias & triode mode (6w rms) - ho-ly $hi+!...and being kinda notorious hereabouts for high quality of cleans & having enough headroom - :D

will do first gig this Sat. outdoors w/5pc blues band...this should be a hoot

;)

good as Leon is at recording & youtubery (& i think he's among the best & i scrutinized w/PC into full stereo system w/JBL L100 speakers), this Coda just absolutely slays me live & in person. big surprise was how much i like the Jensen Tornado (neo magnet)...

Leon couldn't cover everything, so...you oughta hear this thing in cathode bias & triode mode (6w rms) - ho-ly $hi+!...and being kinda notorious hereabouts for high quality of cleans & having enough headroom - :D

will do first gig this Sat. outdoors w/5pc blues band...this should be a hoot

;)

We expect a Full report.. ;)

It's fun to get close to a creator and learn some of the subtleties. That really has helped me appreciate particular brand names.

Congrats on your new love!!!

It's fun to get close to a creator and learn some of the subtleties. That really has helped me appreciate particular brand names.

Congrats on your new love!!!

Well said!

Custom shop guitars deserve custom shop amps filled with the best available parts and tubes. Heritage instruments are custom shop...to say the least. Yay!

update: friend who jams here weekly (& diehard Two Rock/Krinard maniac) ordered his Juke Coda yesterday B). it'll ship in 7-10 days.

gig report: so i'm called to sub for guitar player in 5pc blues band (2 gtrs, harp, bass, drums). they're playing outdoors at the Harley dealer in Morgan Hill (apx 30 mi south of here). left to right (from audience) it's guitar, harp, drums, bass, me. i used the Juke Coda and a new Chapin guitar. good mix of shuffles, jumps, swings, boogies in variety of keys (A, Bb, Bbm, B, C, Cm, E, F, Fm, G). 2 sets.

i played the 1st set in cathode bias & pentode & the 2nd in fixed bias & pentode. bass: 9 o'clock, mids 3 o'clock, treble noon, level or gain 3 o'clock, master vol 3 o'clock, reverb controls 9 o'clock.

the amp cleaned up beautifully from guitar vol controls. it uses special Chapin-spec'd TV Jones PowerTron pickups and a middle pickup is Rolph-rebuilt '63 strat. tone controls pull up to add or remove middle pickup in series or parallel, etc., etc. typical Chapin mad-scientist stuff.

am very pleased with the speaker. can be chunky & full, add sparkle, all that jazz with guit controls. rolling up the vols from 7 to 10 for solos added sing. for extra crunchy low-vol sounds i added a PaulC Timmy pedal with the volume set to unity & Gain to about 1/2. during some wilder passages i used Timmy with guitar vols cranked.

i've played with these guys before & have gotten such frequent & avid compliments on playing & sound. and from everybody in the band - even the drummer (?!). frankly, i was surprised.

good times :ph34r:

next time i'll maybe use my trusty 137...

i've played with these guys before & have gotten such frequent & avid compliments on playing & sound. and from everybody in the band - even the drummer (?!). frankly, i was surprised.

$#@!

s/b "have never gotten"

btw, cathode+pentode=24 watts, fixed+pentode=30 watts

also, the other guitar player was using a fairly high-powered Johnson modeling amp. you wanna make yer Heritage honey sound, like, <ahem> less-than-special? - plug into one of those...

Sounds like it was a good gig Jeff, have to love it when the other muscians like your sound. The Coda must have come through big time!!!

did indeed, Don. w/o reservation my favoritest all-around amp to date. i'd recommend the Juke 112 (more power, headroom) for jazzers & country guys. and it's a great blues amp, too. but the Coda makes all those sounds (@ a lower level) & adds fine hair, enables pinch harmonics & stuff easier, grinds more. the cathode+triode mode (6 watts) with master vol. gives great cleans & crunch/grind at home, too.

big +

• 4 weeks later...

Archived