Heritage Owners Club

Pyramid guitar strings

NoNameBand

Hello all, I know that some of you have tried and/or expressed interest in Pyramid guitar strings. They are very hot right now and many are claiming that they may be the best. I am trying them on a few guitars with various pickups to see for myself. For those that are interested, I have provided a link to the web site of Strings & Beyond. http://www.stringsandbeyond.com/pyramid-strings.html

I think you will find they have a complete selection and good prices as you buy more sets.

Happy picking,

Mark

Good sale price on the Pure Nickel Round Wounds. About $1 less than where I normally get them. :D

They will also send free sets w/ orders of three or more. Three free sets with an order of ten for example.

They will also send free sets w/ orders of three or more. Three free sets with an order of ten for example.

Update, I just received an email from "Strings & Beyond" regarding the promotional discount on the strings. Unfortunately, this promotion does not include Pyramid Strings. They will however, send a free set for referrals. So far, this is the best deal I have found. I can't wait to try them on my 535 through my '55 Fender Deluxe amp. Just need to get my fingers moving in the right direction.

All the best,

Mark

Hi Mark and Kenny (and other Pyramid string users) - I've used D'Addario for a long time and haven't tried other strings. What's Pyramid's "nitch" that makes them a good string... material, process?

Hey Randy. For me, they last a very long time. And even tho' they have that "new string" sound, they feel already broken in right out of the package. May sound strange, but they just feel good to my fingers, too.

I've used D'adds quite a bit, due to the cost of the Pyramids. To me, the D'adds wear quickly ... and they turn my finger tips black. Not that other strings don't, but the D'adds do it in spades. I don't get that reaction from the Pyramids.

these are the Pyramids i buy....i thought this was a pretty good price too?

http://elderly.com/accessories/names/pyram...r-set--P431.htm

Thats great. I ordered the Pyramid Pure Nickel Wound Classics Round Core Electric Guitar Strings. The wound strings are pure nickel on a round core (better contact with the core opposed to hex core) and the plain strings are nickel plated. I like the tonal warmth of pure nickel as well as less fret wear, more of a vintage vibe. The price is $2.59 per set less with a Three set order. A savings of $7.77 on Three sets, a good round number (lucky). I saved the link for future orders.

Thanks again Brent, you are an oasis of valuable information.

Mark

I sent a message to Strings & Beyond about pricing and they said "At Strings and Beyond you get Free Shipping on orders over $35". Certainly, shipping may factor in to the price.

The saga continues...

I am a Pyramid user as well.

Have them on all my guitars but the Strat ( whoops did I just admit to having a Strat) and the Strat will get them at the next string change.

Strats are ok, as long as you have a Heritage to go along with it.. :huh:

I am a Pyramid user as well.

Have them on all my guitars but the Strat ( whoops did I just admit to having a Strat) and the Strat will get them at the next string change.

Richard turned me on to Pyramid strings!

I have some feedback on the Pyramid Pure Nickel Classic strings. I put them on Two guitars. Both guitars had D'Addario EXL120's 9-42 gauge. My H-535 and a Hagstrom solid body w/Gibson Classic '57 pups. In the test, I played the guitar (rock & blues) changed the strings and played it again leaving all the settings the same.

1st). On the 535 difference was night and day. More clarity/note definition, incredible harmonic sustain without feedback and the dirty sounds are amazing. The strings are softer to the touch compared to steel strings. Could even step up a gauge 10-46.

2nd). On the Hagstrom, not as significant difference. Although, Still the same benefits. Just not as much of a gap between the A/B. Btoh guitars played and sounded better with the Pyramid Pure Nickel Classic strings. I highly recommend them. They are more difficult to change as they state in the instructions, "do not cut the string before having a good bend in the wire first". This could allow the wound strings to slip on the core which they say will kill the strings immediately.

On another Note, I never heard a reply from Strings & Beyond about a proposed discount to HOC members. I submitted this proposal to them last week as well as resent the suggestion earlier today with no reply yet. If I get a favorable reply, I will update the thread. I proposed a 8-10% discount with free shipping. That I believe, would be the best deal discovered so far. Otherwise, thanks to Brent, Elderly Music seems to be the best source for Pyramid strings.

All the best,

Mark

Archived