Heritage Owners Club

Golferwave is Bad. And By Bad I Mean Good . . .

Halowords

Count this one as another success story concerning a great guitar sold by Golferwave.  I bought his Dark Almondburst H-150.  The guitar is flawless as far as I can tell, looks like it was not even breathed on heavily.  It sounds and plays great.  I was actually not sure I would love the color; it looked nice, but I really love it in person a lot more than thinking it was just "pretty good" in the pictures.  It is the perfect finish for my tastes.  For those of you considering a guitar he has for sale, I can only say great things.  Like how cordial he is to deal with, to how he wrapped the guitar in bubble wrap BEFORE it was placed in the hard shell case, and then the case was wrapped in bubble wrap before being placed in a box.  The guitar was as good as he said it was; no exaggerating or glossing over the details.

If I get burned in a deal, I usually keep it to myself and fume unless specifically asked about it.  However, when I am part of a really great transaction, I figure it is only fair to let others know.  So props to Golferwave.

Now the bad news . . .  About an hour sort of dissolved last night while I was playing the Heritage acoustic so I did not wake up my daughter or annoy my wife.  Today the afternoon melted away when my wife took my daughter out for a bit and I was able to crank up my Marshall Vintage Modern w/ Carvin 4X12 half-stack loaded with Celestion Vintage 30's.  I could easily see this getting in the way of my housework.  This guitar is equally as nice as my Gibson Les Paul that I sold a few years ago when I started Grad School.  Only this one will be on my lap in thirty years when the grandkids come over.  It's not going anywhere.  They can pry it out of my cold dead hands after I'm gone.

Anyway, a big thanks to Golferwave.  I cannot imagine a better transaction.

-Cheers

I could easily see this getting in the way of my housework. 

I would never, ever let that happen!

Congrats to both you guys!  I sensed things getting just a little tight earlier, on one of the other threads.  Nice tonic!  Great vibe in a good post.  Thanks Halo and Golferwave.          ;D

Yeh, congrats Halo.  +1 on your Golferwave.  I bought his sunset burst (the one right before you).  If I'm not mistaken, that's 3-in-a-row for HOC members buying GW's 150s.  Nice.  Enjoy - I am  ;D

Yep... Add me to the list...

And I'm bidding on another one too ;)

Yeah, he mentioned the Dark Almondburst as being an upcoming eBay item.  I love dark bursts and the standard Almondburst is great, so it was a match made in Heaven.  I jumped in, inquired about getting pictures and a buy-it-before-eBay price, both were excellent, so I pulled the trigger.  I saved GW the eBay fees and myself the possibility of losing an auction by $1 and kicking myself for it.

-Cheers

I would never, ever let that happen!

I won't.  My wife would go ballistic.

Congrats to both you guys!  I sensed things getting just a little tight earlier, on one of the other threads.  Nice tonic!  Great vibe in a good post.  Thanks Halo and Golferwave.          ;D

Hopefully not over anything I said.  If so, I missed it somehow.

-Cheers

Hopefully not over anything I said.  If so, I missed it somehow.

-Cheers

No... That'll be me... and a rather ill considered remark I made in response to a post by Sparky :'(

I've apologised and explained so hopefully we're all tickedy boo again.

You're certainly not implicated in any way.

Archived