Heritage Owners Club

Thank Goodness

602a

You know how sometimes you think something is a good deal? Well the little V22 Bugera I bought went south very fast. Thank goodness a few friends of mine at G. Center took it back for a full refund. Seems it was not the first. No more buying without studying for me. I got lucky on this one. Sticking with the proven ones. ;)

You know how sometimes you think something is a good deal? Well the little V22 Bugera I bought went south very fast. Thank goodness a few friends of mine at G. Center took it back for a full refund. Seems it was not the first. No more buying without studying for me. I got lucky on this one. Sticking with the proven ones. ;)

Thanks for the heads up. I have looked at a few of those on-line but never moved on it. Good thing huh? They look nice and seem to have a good story. Its like the guy they rushed to the hospital saying "give him artificial respiration", he said "screw that, give me the real thing, I can afford it."

Hey 602a

Yup, studying up is a good idea. I've started combing through the amp forum of the HOC and it's been mentioned about bugera amps that they may not be reliable (though inexpensive). I've learned a lot by reading these posts.

Now .. . to go through the product review on TGP - have recently discovered a treasure trove there, of sound clips.

I rather liked the Egnator clips I heard there.

Hey 602a

Yup, studying up is a good idea. I've started combing through the amp forum of the HOC and it's been mentioned about bugera amps that they may not be reliable (though inexpensive). I've learned a lot by reading these posts.

Now .. . to go through the product review on TGP - have recently discovered a treasure trove there, of sound clips.

I rather liked the Egnator clips I heard there.

One of the guitar players in our band has an Egnator, Renegade 2x12. He absolutely loves it. His set-up is 65 watts, 6L6 tubes on the clean side and 18 watts EL34 tubes on the dirty side. Separate reverb for each channel and a foot-switchable adjustable volume boost for each channel for solo's. One amp to the gig and it covers a lot of ground. The other amp in the band is a Dr. Z, Stangray. Also, a very good amp but not as versatile as the Egnator.

http://www.egnateramps.com/Products/Renega...enegade212.html

The HOC folks are pretty hip when it comes to top gear. Pay attention.

Glad to hear it worked out - I tried a Bugera V5 once, and boy was that thing a total bust (in my opinion anyways, I have heard of others who seemed to like it)

You know how sometimes you think something is a good deal? Well the little V22 Bugera I bought went south very fast. Thank goodness a few friends of mine at G. Center took it back for a full refund. Seems it was not the first. No more buying without studying for me. I got lucky on this one. Sticking with the proven ones. B)

Previous thread

Glad you dodged that bullet!!!! Ya, sometimes the cheapest deal isn't the best deal!!!

Hey NoNameBrand - thanks for referral to Egnator 212 - it packs an interesting mix of tubes. I'll definitely check it out one day.

The Renegade is available in a 112 or 212, both with the same amp and specs. The cool thing about the 212 is they also used Two different speakers. One more US in sound and One more Brit in sound. Its almost as if the speaker and tubes line up. So when you use more of the EL34s, the Brit speaker becomes dominant. 6L6s, the US speaker becomes dominant. It's a cool amp. Plenty of power for super clean sound too, 65 watts that can be attenuated to 18 watts for dirty sounds. I think it is the best bang for the buck, about $1,099.00 for the 112 & $1,199.00 for the 212 at GC.

The Renegade is available in a 112 or 212, both with the same amp and specs. The cool thing about the 212 is they also used Two different speakers. One more US in sound and One more Brit in sound. Its almost as if the speaker and tubes line up. So when you use more of the EL34s, the Brit speaker becomes dominant. 6L6s, the US speaker becomes dominant. It's a cool amp. Plenty of power for super clean sound too, 65 watts that can be attenuated to 18 watts for dirty sounds. I think it is the best bang for the buck, about $1,099.00 for the 112 & $1,199.00 for the 212 at GC.

Wow! Sounds great! It certainly is an interesting configuration.

Maybe this was already mentioned but aren't Bugera made by Behringer ?

Archived