Heritage Owners Club

What finish is this?

Sticky that is a GORGEOUS guitar. There are a lot my VSB guitars than AMBER. I would keep it DEFINITELY!!!

Here is a pic of my VSB 150

Greeny1.jpg

And here is GOLDEN AMBER 575 (the golden amber is almost double stained so it's like a dirty amber over the flames)

web4-2.jpg

My Point is HOW COULD YOU NOT LOVE THAT AMBER GUITAR YOU HAVE???? WOW, AND IT'S AN ULTRA TO BOOT!!!

I see no burst in the seller's pictures at all.

I can agree with that....

But maybe he was thinking it was more of a Lemonburst , which doesn't really have a burst to it often, from those pics.

It's a tough call, and mostly because the listing says it's a Vintage Sunburst.

( nice guitars there, Kuz... I never see too much of those... )

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, but thinking that if the pics didn't show a burst maybe an email to the seller before buying would have saved some real hassles. Kinda like making sure the drugs have worn off before buying left handed guitars. .. ;) Of course, this is all in hindsight which makes it so much easier to give out sage advice. But I can completely understand thinking it's a VSB and getting Amber, and being disappointed. For that cash, you should get what you want. ;)

sometimes the 'burst' in vintage burst is not very pronounced, and appears not to be there.

This...and what High Flying Bird mentioned above about digital photography.

Combine that with the guitar being purchased new from a Heritage dealer and being advertised as a VSB.

In person, the color looks nothing like it does in ANY of the pictures. Gorgeous guitar though, but not VSB.

I wonder if he was confused? If you go on Gbase and type in Heritage H-150 you'll see that this seller has an Amber and a Vintage Sunburst listed. Both are still there as he's not removed the one he sold you. The Vintage Sunburst one is stunning in it's own right. Look em up...maybe he'll trade you.

• 2 weeks later...

John . . . I don't know if this is the first time I've ever seen the picture of your VSB H150 .. .but this is the first time I've really noticed it. It's really gorgeous!! The top has tremendous personality. I mean no one here any any offense bythis, but that top is classic 1959 Gibson Les Paul. While I have seen many beautiful guitars here on the HOC . . . there are now 2 that I lust for. Your VSB H150 and Gitfiddler's (I think it's his) 1993 Golden Eagle.

Sticky that is a GORGEOUS guitar. There are a lot my VSB guitars than AMBER. I would keep it DEFINITELY!!!

Here is a pic of my VSB 150

Greeny1.jpg

And here is GOLDEN AMBER 575 (the golden amber is almost double stained so it's like a dirty amber over the flames)

web4-2.jpg

My Point is HOW COULD YOU NOT LOVE THAT AMBER GUITAR YOU HAVE???? WOW, AND IT'S AN ULTRA TO BOOT!!!

OOPS!! I posted my last on the wrong reply button. John . . . I LOVE your H150. Do you have any other pictures of it???

It's back on eBay. And it still says VSB.

I sent a message to the seller correcting him.

Yes, I saw it yesterday but haven't had the time to post.

The seller admitted his employee made a mistake in the Ebay ad. Why they put the same ad up again is beyond me?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived