Heritage Owners Club

What finish is this?

There's no burst to it, it' a solid color and it's not as "orangey" as it appears in the pics. It's more of a golden color.

Is Heritage able to tell you what finish it is by ther serial #?

003-6.jpg

002-2.jpg

004-6.jpg

005-3.jpg

I was going to say Antique Natural. Best way to tell is pull the cavity plate and check the tag. It'll be something like AMB or ANTN, yada yada. Post that and we'll be able to tell you for certain.

That's a beautiful guitar!

On the control cavity cover there is a sticker that will tell all...

You'd just sell it next week. ....... B)

That's funny.

I pulled the cavity plate...it's Amber.

Gorgeous guitar, feels and plays great too.

Here's the prob....I bought it off the bay and it was advertised as a vintage burst.

As you can see, the guitar photographs orange, and I tried photographing it indoors, in the sun, and in the shade.

It looked orangey in the bay pics too and was advertised as a vintage burst. Gorgeous guitar, but not what I want, and not what I was told I was getting.

Thanks for the advice on pulling the cavity plate, I didn't realize that info is in there. On my 535 you can see the label throught the F hole, I didn't realize the label was included in all of the models.

Been waiting for this to arrive for a few days, kind of a let down.

Looks like an Ultra too. HRWs. I could fall in love with that axe, and I love Vintage burst. How much does it weigh?

Care to mention the dealer that didn't know what the color was? Strange they wouldn't get it right. I think amber is an upcharge like VSB.

Looks like an Ultra too. HRWs. I could fall in love with that axe, and I love Vintage burst. How much does it weigh?

Care to mention the dealer that didn't know what the color was? Strange they wouldn't get it right. I think amber is an upcharge like VSB.

It is an ultra, it does have the HRW's and I believe it weighs 9.2 lbs. It's gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but I have my heart set on the vintage burst. The flame on this top is almost 3D. It looks different from different angles and almost appears to move.

I've emailed the seller and hope he does the right thing in offering to take it back. I'd prefer to not disclose his name until I can get this worked out. Seemed like a real nice guy on the phone, I hope he continues to be.

Hmmm... great top on that one.

Since you bought it off of the bay, you should be able to fix it. I'd talk with the seller , make sure it's clear that you aren't happy and why...

Did it look like a VSB in the pics that you saw before buying..?

Yes, gorgeous top.

I have an email in to him now, waiting to hear back.

Yes, I thought it was VSB. As I mentioned, the guitar photograph's orange for some reason, even in different types of light.

It appeared orange in the bay pics to, and very flamey. I thought it was VSB and the ad stated that it was.

Guest mgoetting
Yes, gorgeous top.

I have an email in to him now, waiting to hear back.

Yes, I thought it was VSB. As I mentioned, the guitar photograph's orange for some reason, even in different types of light.

It appeared orange in the bay pics to, and very flamey. I thought it was VSB and the ad stated that it was.

You outbid me on that guitar! I remember this well. It was a "make an offer" auction about a week ago. It's an Ultra with HRWs.

Most people would be smitten by that guitar in amber. I bid on it because I was on the rebound from a fantastic VSB 150.

They should accept it back because it was misrepresented. I doubt they will put up any fuss. And they should pay shipping both ways.

And then they should contact me!

Guest mgoetting
You outbid me on that guitar! I remember this well. It was a "make an offer" auction about a week ago. It's an Ultra with HRWs.

Most people would be smitten by that guitar in amber. I bid on it because I was on the rebound from a fantastic VSB 150.

They should accept it back because it was misrepresented. I doubt they will put up any fuss. And they should pay shipping both ways.

And then they should contact me!

And I would convert the PG and pup rings to black! Not.

That's funny.

I pulled the cavity plate...it's Amber.

Gorgeous guitar, feels and plays great too.

Here's the prob....I bought it off the bay and it was advertised as a vintage burst.

As you can see, the guitar photographs orange, and I tried photographing it indoors, in the sun, and in the shade.

It looked orangey in the bay pics too and was advertised as a vintage burst. Gorgeous guitar, but not what I want, and not what I was told I was getting.

Thanks for the advice on pulling the cavity plate, I didn't realize that info is in there. On my 535 you can see the label throught the F hole, I didn't realize the label was included in all of the models.

Been waiting for this to arrive for a few days, kind of a let down.

Yeah, I would have said vintage, too.

Sticky, I think the seller may have had some incandescent lights around and it distorted the color. I didn't think it looked VSB on Ebay but it looked closer to it than your photos.

Digital cameras make colors look true and untrue depending on the make, model and the process which the photographer used to edit the photos. I would hazard to say that I have more money and time invested in photography than anyone else on this forum and sometimes I can't make colors look right. It is the nature of the technology.

A guitar salesman sure can be excused for poor craftsmanship with a camera...... Now let's see if his character is any better than his photography skills.

Dude, if he won't work with you we can ride him like crows following Ed Roman across a desert. ;)

Archived