Heritage Owners Club

Thinking about making a change?

brentrocks

With no effects, the HRW pickups capture dynamics like I have never heard before (IMO, the best way to test pickups). 

Explain what you mean by dynamics? 

I like the HRWs too, have em on my Millie DC and H155, my 150 has duncan 59s.

Explain what you mean by dynamics? 

I like the HRWs too, have em on my Millie DC and H155, my 150 has duncan 59s.

To me, capturing dynamics on my Milly DC means they respond to and in most cases reproduce changes in pick attack. If I use a really thin pick (one of those nasty red-white-blue Fender graffiti jobs, say) and drive hard with the picking hand, the HRWs seem to pickup (no pun intended) the 'pop' of the pick tip as it snaps off the string. I know it's not picking up the pick itself, but rather the transient that is introduced on the vibrating string, but my other, non-HRW guitars don't get that, or at least not to the same degree of clarity.

Then again maybe that's now what RhoadsScholar means.

You are correct Chico, couldn't have said it better. They pick up nuances in your attack on the strings, harmonics ring better. I would recommend bringing the gary moore to heritage and do a side by side comparison of the EMG's to the HRW's (I bet you Rendal would like to do it too) and they would be more than accomodating. You can share your experience with the forum...

To me, capturing dynamics on my Milly DC means they respond to and in most cases reproduce changes in pick attack. If I use a really thin pick (one of those nasty red-white-blue Fender graffiti jobs, say) and drive hard with the picking hand, the HRWs seem to pickup (no pun intended) the 'pop' of the pick tip as it snaps off the string. I know it's not picking up the pick itself, but rather the transient that is introduced on the vibrating string, but my other, non-HRW guitars don't get that, or at least not to the same degree of clarity.

Then again maybe that's now what RhoadsScholar means.

Archived