Heritage Owners Club

Jet City Amplification

DetroitBlues

Jet City Amplfication  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Jet City Amplification

• Great tone for the money!
    • Another Cheap Chineese amp!
    • I'm just too special to bother trying one!

Ok, so after a long month, I'm going on my fourth amp. First was Fender Superchamp XD (great amp, but its 10" speaker just wasn't enough for me. So I found a steal on a Peavey Valveking which ended up being a huge dud. Since I couldn't get my Fender back, I was stuck with the only tube amp in the store I had enough store credit for, Bugera. That seemed to be ok until it overheated. Sooo.. Now tomorrow I should have my Jet City Amplification 1x12 combo. Its a chineese clone of a Soldano Atomic 16 that supposed to be well built....

After that long story, I'm now to the point of asking has anyone tried this amp out and what do they think of it?

Haven't tried it personally but the JCA2112RC (20w combo) got a great review in the Nov 2010 issue of the UK magazine Guitarist. The only issue they came up with of any seriousness was low clean headroom which may bother you given your previous amps.

The amp arrived yesterday. Soldano must make some killer amps, because if this amp is a Soldano design, the real deals must be killer. A little strange how they list the gain control as a "preamp". But even more interesting, when the preamp is all the way down, the amp is practically on standby. Kind of cool knowing that control really is a Preamp volume. Love the amp so far, but time will tell as I've learned from my Bugera post

The amp arrived yesterday. Soldano must make some killer amps, because if this amp is a Soldano design, the real deals must be killer. A little strange how they list the gain control as a "preamp". But even more interesting, when the preamp is all the way down, the amp is practically on standby. Kind of cool knowing that control really is a Preamp volume. Love the amp so far, but time will tell as I've learned from my Bugera post

I've been following Jet City for quite some time, now, because I find them intriguing and may be a possible future purchase. So far I've not heard about any reliability issues.

I've been following Jet City for quite some time, now, because I find them intriguing and may be a possible future purchase. So far I've not heard about any reliability issues.

I've been hitting up all of the reviewers on youtube and I still can't find anyone who's had an issue with the amp. I tried to crank it today, but with the "preamp" gain up all the way, I couldn't get the amp past 4.5 before I had to turn it down (I don't have ear plugs). It does not really have a loud clean tone, so if that's you're thing, this amp really isn't for you.

Archived