Heritage Owners Club

xlnt! Dr. Z Z-wreck headed this way

rjsanders

i've got this buddy, who has a good-paying job + sees it as his mission to patronize high-quality luthiers and amp builders. a dozen Chapin guitars, a Ribbecke archtop, Koll archtop, several Two Rock & custom Bill Krinard amps, Bruno, Maven Peal, Jim Kelley, Fargen, Dr. Z, Fuchs, all kindsa neat stuff.

yesterday he tells me a shiny new Z-wreck rig should be here (literally. he parks some of his stuff in my garage/Fortress of Sillitude) in a couple-few weeks.

perhaps the only amp he's ever gotten that i'm really excited about.

this'll be big fun, cuz another friend had a Ken Fischer one-off Rocket type that i got to compare to my Heritage Brit II. (i actually prefer the Brit overall)

most xlnt B)

One of the guitar players in my band plays a Dr. Z Stangray 212. Great amp.

The clips that have been posted of the Z-Wreck sound killer. I think your buddy should let you borrow it for an extended period of time, after all what are friends for?

:D

my place is the only place he can turn up :) (or so he thinks, but i will not disabuse him of this misapprehension ;))

• 1 month later...

There is an interesting thread about the Z-wreck in the Trainwreck section of the ampgarage forum... :icon_thumright:

yeahman. Z's put in a comment, too.

update: amp should be here next week sometime. since my friend may be out of town, i may be tasked to go git it. yeahman. i can do that B)

i wonder how that amp compares, spec-wise, to my Union Jack "the Wreck" head?

it's different. 4xEL84, 30w rms, non-Master Vol. closer to a Trainwreck Rocket in controls (vol, bass, treble, cut)

z page

i had the privilege of playing a friend's rocket-based custom amp (by Ken Fischer) for a good long time, so this'll be real interesting (& no doubt a lotta fun)

unclear what he lost in the flood last May. i heard nearly everything. he had a real Trainwreck, too...

Premier Guitar mag (free online) had a good albeit sad article on the flood recently (Nov maybe). Evidently the storage facility for alot of the local musicians was on a flood prone area. Many vintage and in use instruments where lost.

Archived