Heritage Owners Club

New Tube Amp Score

Guest HRB853370

Guest HRB853370

The seller accepted my make on offer. Now I feel like Gitfiddler felt a couple months ago! I think this was a darn good deal, being a point to point handwired amp. Not sure if Gibson even makes them anymore.

post-2130-010833600 1291042392_thumb.jpg

post-2130-008319300 1291042402_thumb.jpg

The seller accepted my make on offer. Now I feel like Gitfiddler felt a couple months ago! I think this was a darn good deal, being a point to point handwired amp. Not sure if Gibson even makes them anymore.

Don't ya just hate when that happens?! :rolleyes_mini:

Those are great amps for the bucks. Congrats of a 'darn good deal'.

Guest HRB853370

Don't ya just hate when that happens?! :rolleyes_mini:

Those are great amps for the bucks. Congrats of a 'darn good deal'.

Yeah, cant stand when it happens. Now I gotta find some money! They must be good amps for the money, have you ever heard one Tim?

Yeah, cant stand when it happens. Now I gotta find some money! They must be good amps for the money, have you ever heard one Tim?

From what I've read, those were designed and built for Gibson by Trace Elliot, a very good builder. No, I've not heard them but you might check HC reviews or TGP.

Guest HRB853370

From what I've read, those were designed and built for Gibson by Trace Elliot, a very good builder. No, I've not heard them but you might check HC reviews or TGP.

Thanks. I still see them as listed on the Gibson website. If you recall, I put a bid on the GA42 which has the 2x12 setup, but that went for about $900! And it was used! I think the 1x12 is more suitable for me anyhow, and less weight to carry!

Guest HRB853370

Congrats on your new amp, Skinslammer! : )

I will give you a review Katie after I receive it. All the reviews I read on Harmony Central says it is a killer Class A amp! I wanted an Eminence speaker and this one has it!

Yes, but I didn't think they were hand wired. I remember seeing a gut shot of one years ago that said Gibson on the face plate but Trace Elliot on the PCB.

Guest HRB853370

Smurph, the reviews say it is very loud. GuitarArt, they advertise it as handwired in the USA. My understanding is that the components are manufactured outside the USA, except for the Eminence speaker.

We shall see! I called Gibson CS to find out the MSRP and the guy told me $1500. Then I called a local Gibson dealer, and he told me they no longer make that amp, but its still up on Gibson's site!

Go figure!

I am hoping it will be the amp that I will prefer to use with my 550/555/575 guitars.

Archived