Heritage Owners Club

Hello from new member, but not new owner!

cook

I just recently found out about the HOC.  I've owned an H150CM in vintage sunburst since 2003.  Ever since I got it I'd been searching for a Heritage specific forum.  I'd given up until just a few weeks ago.  I'm glad to have found you all.  I live in California now, but grew up in Michigan.  I still have ties there, so once I saved up enough to buy a real nice guitar, I had to have one from Kalamazoo.  I don't think I'll ever get rid of it.

Welcome, Cook. You found a good place to hangout. I'm still waiting for a guy to post pics of his black 535. Wouldn't you like to see that? Huh?

(It's just customary for us to DEMAND photos, you see.)

Thanks for the welcoming words!  I'll post pics as soon as I can.  Unfortunately, I take a vintage view to my camera equipment, my only digital is on my phone!  I still use the Nikon SLR I got in the 80s.  I guess I can get photo CD made or use my phone.  A coupla years ago I could have said look on the site of Amp Shop and Bass Exchange in Woodland Hills, CA, that's where I got it and they still had the pic up for a long time after I took it off their hands. 

To answer some questions:

I was raised east side Detroit suburbs, but work and school took me to different places in MI:  Flint, Birch Run, Berkley, Ann Arbor, East Lansing.  Don't know much about Paw Paw, isn't there a winery there?

Ever since I got my guitar, I kept searching for "Heritage Guitar Forum."  I figured there had to be one, since I used to also post on the Peavey and Seymour Duncan boards.  I'm also Cook on the TDPRI.  After years of disappointment, I started just searching every 2- 3 months, and finally got lucky!

Wechter?  Really?  That's cool.  A lot of cool stuff comes from Michigan!  I also put GHS strings (Battle Creek) on my Heritage, and play through a Rat II (Kalamazoo).  I need to take more pics, but that's my baby in my user profile.  Haven't figured out the best way to light it to take a good pic.  It seems to look its best as the sun is going down, the "magic hour."  Ha ha.

Wechter?  Really?  That's cool.  A lot of cool stuff comes from Michigan!  I also put GHS strings (Battle Creek) on my Heritage, and play through a Rat II (Kalamazoo).  I need to take more pics, but that's my baby in my user profile.  Haven't figured out the best way to light it to take a good pic.  It seems to look its best as the sun is going down, the "magic hour."  Ha ha.

i used to use GHS strings, but converted over to ernie ball super slinkys....the RAT II, that is from kalamazoo????

I assume my Rat is from Kzoo, it says made in USA on it and ProCo Sound is in Kzoo.  I just realized ProCo's address is also 225 Parsons St.  What is the connection?

good question...i didi not know that

Archived