Heritage Owners Club

Worth the price of admission?

Thundersteel

Not in my opinion!   Get real!  :rolleyes:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gib...itar?sku=514291

Here's another one--but you get a free jacket with it!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gib...itar?sku=517833

When will they realize that Heritage gives them what they want, but at a fraction of the price? 

"The ebony fretboard has a custom split block inlay-each block alternates between double and single split lines. Somehow, it makes this guitar look fast!"

Eh... What...  ???

I think they make it look like it was built for someone in the Signal Corps.  LOL.

Neither of those guitars would get me to break out the checkbook.  But, I can see where someone with weak character and/or self-image/self-esteem issues would pony up the dollars for one of Henry's "Lifestyle Accessories."  I'd rather just buy a cool guitar that plays and sounds well and costs around $1000 and put the other $5-6k in something that generates a return.  Then again, I guess that's my lifestyle choice, eh? ;)

I like the "reviews" as well:

This is the most beautiful les paul I have ever seen! ... but well worth the money!   RIGHT!

The feel of the neck is incredible, its like it has 100 coats of clear on it. Sure it does! I love the look of the bridge, I dont get how it works though. LOL!

The wooden pickguard...The only thing is what if those get worn out where are you gonna get other ones? How about Heritage?

I wish I could afford this baby.  So do a million others!

If you got the moolah this is the guitar for ya!  Is that you, Henry?

Here's even more:

There are Gibson Les Pauls and there is this one. Perfect in every way.

If your looking for a serious killer blues guitar this is the 1. Of course its good for rock and all the stuff other LP`s are. Ok its expensive but you truly get what you pay for. Also this is a limited model...So if your looking for a Gibson LP and have enough money get this 1 !

How many positive posts are you writing, Henry?

wood pickguard...who are they copying??????

To be honest the Gword did a run of Les Pauls in the '70s that had wood everything... wood pickup rings.. wood knobs... wood pickguard... wood inlays if I remember right... wood toogle ring... basically anything that could be wood was wood.  They were god awefully expensive and frankly not all that great looking.  I remember Steve Howe playing one briefly (but then he played a gazillion guitars).

Yep, it was called "The Les Paul," not to be confused with "The Paul," which was a later budget LP.  The Les Paul was, of course, made in Kalamazoo, if I recall, even if most LP's by that time were made in Nashville.  It was considered a custom-shop guitar.

I find those to be just two more reasons to despise the G-Brand. I don't know what's worse, the fact that they charge the kinds of prices that they do. Or, that some saps with more cash than brains are actually buying them! Oh but I forgot, those are "Limited Editions".  :rolleyes:  Remember folks, they will only produce 163,048 more variations of "Limited Editon" guitars this calender year, so act fast ! ;D

Slightly off topic here but here goes ....

My local music shop had it's annual Guitar Fair last weekend, a three day event with demos by Fender, Gibson, Martin,Godin, Roland /Boss etc.

Anyway the "star" of the Gibson show was the presence of a "Limited Edition" Slash "Murphy Aged" signature Les Paul, the asking price was 6000 euro or  $9470  :o

http://www.alpha-music.com/productcart/pc/...idCategory=1432

They are actually being released tomorrow 1st April, April Fools Day, pun intended by G""""n I wonder ?

I did have the opportunity to examine it closely and I don't see how anyone, even a die hard Guns'n'Roses Les Paul fanatic, would spend that kind of money on a battered and scratched instrument.

The "relic- ing" process even involved a split neck heel and buckle rash to the bare wood !

A couple of the BFG models were also present and they looked positively pristine in comparison, truly a Butt Fugly Guitar though, as someone else has pointed out.

They were very rough and unfinished looking, almost like something that had washed up on a beach.

Obviously there is a market for this "tinned mojo" type of product but I just don't get it myself.

Anyway the "star" of the Gibson show was the presence of a "Limited Edition" Slash "Murphy Aged" signature Les Paul, the asking price was 6000 euro or  $9470  :o

Funnt that because I thought this was the new Slash Signature model... ;) ;) ;D ;D

GUITAR3PACKPS3.jpg

Even at $10,000.00, bet you don't get the sticker set with the gibbon :-*

Archived