Heritage Owners Club

Schaller Stoptail Replacement?

DetroitBlues

• 2 weeks later...

I just recently went to replace the original Schaller tailpiece in my 1998 H150 with a Gotoh stop tail (US Specs), and found that the fit was very tight - the posts both had to lean in to accept the tailpiece. Is this something that is inherent to the older, Schaller equipped models, or was my guitar made with the post holes too narrow? I'm talking about maybe 1mm too wide total - again, the tailpiece fits, but I have to force it on.

Anyone have a similar experience with the older H150's?

I just recently went to replace the original Schaller tailpiece in my 1998 H150 with a Gotoh stop tail (US Specs), and found that the fit was very tight - the posts both had to lean in to accept the tailpiece. Is this something that is inherent to the older, Schaller equipped models, or was my guitar made with the post holes too narrow? I'm talking about maybe 1mm too wide total - again, the tailpiece fits, but I have to force it on.

Anyone have a similar experience with the older H150's?

Mine was the other way... the Schaller wouldn't really tighten all the way down to the body, but the Gotoh replacement will and fits perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been considering replacing the schaller tailpiece with a regular stop tail or a vibrated B5 bigsby.. Does anyone know if the holes of the schaller the same as that of tone pros or nashville stoptails????

During 2010 on my 2000 Heritage Millennium Limited Edition,

I replaced the original tailpiece with a Vibramate and American-made Bigsby B5.

It was a snap.

Originally I did not replace the bridge but found it would not stay in tune so well

so I ended up with a Shaller STM-453 roller bridge.

- Easy, no drilling, no new holes, no permanent modifications

- No regrets

I also added an N-Tune onboard digital tuner (on the master volume control).

For more, see the web page at:

http://www.rlinwood.com/family_webpage/linkpages/music/HERITAGE/Heritage_Master.htm

Note also the Bigsby and N-Tune links on the left side.

post-784-0-13964900-1301544383_thumb.jpg

post-784-0-09463700-1301544420_thumb.jpg

post-784-0-46142100-1301544467_thumb.jpg

Archived