Heritage Owners Club

And then there were 7... H Firebird... In Da House...

cosmikdebriis

At last... After a stupidly long wait, caused by my post/zip code being one letter out (sender put an "L" instead of a "J")...

My Dutch import "Firebird" has arrived... Two minutes ago... Just enough time to open the box and give it a quick once over...

Looks in pretty good condition. Typical "hanger rash"... and one very small ding in the back of the neck... Apart from that though, so far... No problems...  8)

I'll take some pics and give a report soon...

Made my day... ;D

Oh... Yes... Yes... Yes...

Original case too...

The guy I bought it from was the original owner and he said he hadn't played it much. Looking at the strings I'd say they are the originals ;)

No discernible fret wear... From what I can see through the tarnish... :P

Gonna need some cleaning up... ;)

No complaints though... Original is good... (apart from the Schaller pups) ;)

Firstly a BIG thank you to Jaques who has been very helpful throughout this transaction +1 for him... :)

Now some pics. These were taken in a bit of a hurry and are of the guitar exactly as it arrived.  ;)

They were taken in rather harsh sunlight and that, along with the mahogany grain, have given it a rather metallic appearance.

I'll take seome better pics for the photobucket site soon...

width=600 height=388http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll185/Heritageguitarpics/firebirdincase.jpg[/img]

width=338 height=480http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll185/Heritageguitarpics/firebirdbody.jpg[/img]

I sent a guy in Holland, that I'd never met, or had any real hope of knowing if they really existed, $800 and he posted me the guitar...

Amazing really... My faith in human nature has been restored... Well... Temporarily...  ;)

Firstly a BIG thank you to Jaques who has been very helpful throughout this transaction +1 for him... :)

Now some pics. These were taken in a bit of a hurry and are of the guitar exactly as it arrived.  ;)

They were taken in rather harsh sunlight and that, along with the mahogany grain, have given it a rather metallic appearance.

I'll take seome better pics for the photobucket site soon...

I sent a guy in Holland, that I'd never met, or had any real hope of knowing if they really existed, $800 and he posted me the guitar...

Amazing really... My faith in human nature has been restored... Well... Temporarily...  ;)

"holländer" are great people. if you ever have the opportunity, visit the country.  and no, that isn´t spam : i´m german  :)

Well... If you needed proof Heritages are hand made...

width=600 height=363http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll185/Heritageguitarpics/pickupcavity.jpg[/img]

Imagine the scenario... At the factory...

"Fred" is about to fit the pickups....  "Oh shit they don't fit bloody screws are in the way".... Hm... "I know..." Gets chisel out... Tap Tap Tap...  "That's better"  ;D

I'd like to loose the Schallers perhaps even for the P-Rails like Brent has...

Thing is, the guitar is completely original and pretty rare too. So I'd feel guilty if I mutilated it...

It's a dilemma...

just keep all the original stuff...if you break a trim ring, i can get you one, or 2 ;D  i would put the pups you want in!

oh and by the way, you need to buy a airplane ticket to Kalamazoo INT Airport now for the 18th of July....w/ the 357, you are obligated!!! ;D

Hmm...Can't seem to make out the tenon...

Hey Cosmik. Wow, man. Spectacular. I think of the 400+ HOC members you own the only 357 to be found. Someday soon, when guitars are all mass-produced by CNC machinery, the hand made oldies will be all the rage. And I'll bet that's got a good sound, since it's just a chunk of aged mahogany. Great googly moogly!

Darn, I have only messages where you put your photo's saying 'this image has been moved or deleted'. Anyone else too? What can I do to see the pics with Cosmics stories??? :'(

Well... If you needed proof Heritages are hand made...

Imagine the scenario... At the factory...

"Fred" is about to fit the pickups....  "Oh shit they don't fit bloody screws are in the way".... Hm... "I know..." Gets chisel out... Tap Tap Tap...  "That's better"  ;D

Here's the neck pup cavity on your 157.

front-pup-cavity1.jpg

Archived