Heritage Owners Club

PCB Boards and Vintage Amps

So today, I'm making my daily scan of the latest postings on my local craigslist and noticed a post for Vintage Amp parts. But looking at the photos from the parts from the "50's", most of them are on PCB boards. So my question does anyone know when PCB boards first appeared on amps back then?

So today, I'm making my daily scan of the latest postings on my local craigslist and noticed a post for Vintage Amp parts. But looking at the photos from the parts from the "50's", most of them are on PCB boards. So my question does anyone know when PCB boards first appeared on amps back then?

I know Ampeg was using them in the early to mid 60's. You are not talking about turret boards?

Interesting... Here I was thinking this was from some junk this guy pulled from a basement flood...

LOL, yes, that is a pile of junk from a basement flood. The tall, squared off cans are IF transformers (intermediate frequency). They are used in radio or television reception circuits.

Judging by the look of them, I'd say late 60's at the earliest. Most likely 1970'. Yes, it is all crap too.

Archived