Heritage Owners Club

NAD PANaramic

mooonpi

Don't let the AC-30 get jealous!

I'm aligned with Schundog's questions.

Happy NAD!

Tube compliment: 7591 (2) 6GH8 7025/12AX7A (2)

I was unable to find any model designation anywhere unless that symbol to the right of PANaramic is the model. I was thinking it might be "ED"? I haven't taken it apart or done much research on this particular amp, but there are a few similar looking beasts at:

http://www.vibroworld.com/magnatone/archive.html

The vibrato is unreal on this thing. It doesn't really break up on it's own a lot...I think thanks to the 7591's, but sounds nice with a tube driver. Years ago a friend had a Magnatone that I'd admired, and that's what sucked me in.

Oh, and the old ac30 still gets lovin'. I was thinking about trying to setup a 'wall of amps' that would all go at once. :icon_biggrin:

oh, and dating might have to wait till I take it apart and date some pots or something unless I can find some way online to id it, but I'd guess late 60's.

Moonpi

That tube compliment sounds a WHOLE LOT like my Guild Thunderbird. 7591 power tubes, 6GW8 and 12AX7s in the preamp. The front layout looks a bit like the late 60s Guild amps as well.

Right now, I've got mine in pieces, wanting to restore it with caps, and replace the two wire "death cap" setup.

Moonpi

That tube compliment sounds a WHOLE LOT like my Guild Thunderbird. 7591 power tubes, 6GW8 and 12AX7s in the preamp. The front layout looks a bit like the late 60s Guild amps as well.

Right now, I've got mine in pieces, wanting to restore it with caps, and replace the two wire "death cap" setup.

The 'branding' on a lot of these old rat amps is crazy. Mine does say in fine print on the face 'MFD by Audio Guild Corp'.

Archived