Heritage Owners Club

Pedals Clashing

koula901

Guys,

I just bought two new pedals, and like them both a lot. The only issue I've noticed, is that when I have the Plextortion on the highest amount of gain, and use the Wah pedal with it, when the wah is fully depressed, I get a squeal sound. Now, I might be able to get rid of the squeal by backing off on the amount of either the wah, or amount of gain on the Plextortion; but I'm wondering if there's a better solution. I'm wondering about putting the Plextortion to a looper, though I don't know if that'll do any good, as they're both true bypass. Any thoughts? I'd also be interested in knowing if any of you have ever encounterd a sort of pedal clash, where one pedal doesn't like the other.

well, changing pedals position didn't solve it. I did take batteries out of both of them. I think just turning down the gain will do it.

Guest HRB853370

Guys,

I just bought two new pedals, and like them both a lot. The only issue I've noticed, is that when I have the Plextortion on the highest amount of gain, and use the Wah pedal with it, when the wah is fully depressed, I get a squeal sound. Now, I might be able to get rid of the squeal by backing off on the amount of either the wah, or amount of gain on the Plextortion; but I'm wondering if there's a better solution. I'm wondering about putting the Plextortion to a looper, though I don't know if that'll do any good, as they're both true bypass. Any thoughts? I'd also be interested in knowing if any of you have ever encounterd a sort of pedal clash, where one pedal doesn't like the other.

Pedal wars!!!

well, changing pedals position didn't solve it. I did take batteries out of both of them. I think just turning down the gain will do it.

Well, it was worth a shot. The Crybaby 535Q has a gain boost on it too. I never did like that. I just like a true bypass wah that does one thing really well. Wah wah! For the money, I think the Crybaby Classic is probably the best out there.

can you use it with outrageous high gaine, without squealing?

You should. Think about Kirk Hammett, Joe Satriani, or Slash... High Gain with a Wah, never heard an unintential squeal from those guys. Of course, you could make sure you're not getting electrical interference too buy using a power conditioner, but I've never had to worry about that.

What p/ups are you using?

Lindy Fralin Hum-cancelling P90s. the wah only seems to make the noise when Plexstortion is engaged and set to highest gain.

Lindy Fralin Hum-cancelling P90s. the wah only seems to make the noise when Plexstortion is engaged and set to highest gain.

It's probably the gain on your distortion..I have a crybaby wah that used to do that..I fixed the problem by putting the Wah in the front of the signal chain and turning the level down on my TS-9 and Tone Bone just a bit.. I don't even have the problem with P-90's anymore..As always My 2 cents, and YMMV.. :icon_biggrin:

It's probably the gain on your distortion..I have a crybaby wah that used to do that..I fixed the problem by putting the Wah in the front of the signal chain and turning the level down on my TS-9 and Tone Bone just a bit.. I don't even have the problem with P-90's anymore..As always My 2 cents, and YMMV.. :icon_biggrin:

Well, it's helpful to know what works for others. No need to get my knickers in a bunch over this.

Well, it's helpful to know what works for others. No need to get my knickers in a bunch over this.

There ya go!! :icon_thumright: Like the Rolling Stones say..It's only Rock-n-Roll..(but I like it)

You might need this:

http://area51tubeaudiodesigns.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=001&Product_Code=buffer&Category_Code=

It's a buffer to make your wah work well with fuzzes - it might help with your Plextortion as well. I remember a few years back people complaining about their Teese Wahs squealing when used with fuzzes - this was the fix they used. I'm snot sure if Teese started offering this or not, but I've never had any problems with my Teese Picture Wahs, but then I don't use a fuzz pedal. It's worth a shot.

Archived