Heritage Owners Club

Please help me!! bought in 1998! need help identifying and placing a value on my

bman83

I was only 14 when i bought my first guitar. it is what i would call a sunburst "Les Paul" style Heritage guitar and is in great condition. i only used it, believe it or not till i was 16 and it has sat ever since. im now 25! i know its a shame but it is what it is. i love playing but i think i want to play accoustic now. i have found everything i have on this axe and even contacted the dealer for info. there is a number on the back of the neck and it is "N12506" under that is says made in kalamazoo mi usa....it is a solid body guitar with a raised ivory pickguard, dual humbuckers and four level knobs. i want to say it is a 1997 or even 1996 model. can anybody help me value this thing or tell me what its name is? what should i accept for trade? or should i sell outright? thank you for your help, if you have any other questions just post them and ill supply the info ok.

We're going to need some pics to be able to help... And there's plenty of friendly people here who will be all to willing to help.

A quick way for you to identify your guitar is to look on the inside of the control cavity cover where you will (hopefully) find a sticker with the model and colour information.

Here's a quick walkthru....

Only tool you will need is a smallish Phillips/crosspoint screwdriver.

Turn your guitar on its front (place it on a towel or something soft) You will se two plastic covers set into the back of the guitar.

You need to remove the larger one, held in with four screws.

Lift out the cover and look on the back.

It's that easy....

You should find something like one of these...

width=600 height=200http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll185/Heritageguitarpics/Details/labels.jpg[/img]

Let us know how you get on...

I don't think they were putting stickers in the cavities back then.  My bud's 150 didn't have a sticker and my older 150 didn't either. 

My 137D has a sticker in it and it's a '95, so unless they stopped for a while, an "N" series guitar should have one, I'd think.

Welcome to the Club, bman!  As everyone is asking for pictures, I might as well jump on the band wagon:

:this_thread_is_useless_withou

The "Info" page off the main site here at the HOC has a serial/year translation chart, as well as some (limited) model information.  Not that that helps you with a value.  Your best bet for value, I think, is to look at completed auctions on eBay, TGP and here in the For Sale section.  That should get you a good idea of where your particular guitar might fit in.  Older Heritage's, like any brand, are somewhat more desirable, especially if they're in excellent condition.

At any rate, welcome (again) and post some pics (again)!!

Welcome bman. If anyone gives you a hard time here,it's because of the unusual need to see pictures of any Heritage guitar you own,have owned or will own in the near future. Sort of like reading a copy of Penthouse or Swank WITHOUT THE PICTURES!!!  ;D

Regarding the subject of model stickers on the control cavity plate; this has been the procedure from day one at Heritage. I have an '88 H140CM with it. I believe it saved them some money by not having model numbers or names on the truss rod cover;stickers are much cheaper.

First off i would like to thank all those who answered and helped, it is a H-150 CM and under that it says either ASB OR A5B.....so what have i got here? worth given a few minor dings?

That would be "ASB," which is a reference to the finish: Antique Sunburst.  "CM" is a ref to the curly maple top.  And Dick Seacup's advice for determining value is the word.  If you want to move it, posting pics here is a good way to begin!

Its probably worth about $100.

I'll take it off your hands.  >:D:P

bman83, bobo62 is one of two things, either a comedian or unscrupulous!  I'd give you every bit of $159.85 for that guitar, sight unseen!

Hm...

I wouldn't be selling it just yet, well, not to this lot anyway... ;D

Next thing to do is identify your hardware and pickups. I've added a couple of pics of Schaller equipment for you to compare.

Note that on the pickups there are two adjusting screws on each side of the pickup. If yours have the same then they are more than likely Schaller as (correct me if I'm wrong guys) HRW's weren't available then.

ShallerBridgeNTail.jpg

width=537 height=480http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll185/Heritageguitarpics/Details/Schallerpickups.jpg[/img]

Archived