Heritage Owners Club

strap button on bigsby's

bolero

so I'm having issues with the strap button on a bigsby b7

the button is inside the hole where the bigsby surrounds the bottom part, the strap is BARELY holding on, I'm worried it'll fall off & the gtr will hit the ground

I'm thinking the solution is to use a longer screw, plus a couple small washers to elevate the button out where the strap can get a proper wrap around it

has anyone else dealt with this?

ps the gtr is a millenium hollowbody: is there a solid chunk of wood at the base, or is it hollow there? if it's hollow a longer screw probably isn't going to be a great solution

thx!

Hm... I can honestly say I have never had that issue with a Bigsby but I also had a different model Bigsby on a different brand guitar.

My immediate response would be to do just as you mentioned: longer screw with a stack of washers tall enough to push the button out where the strap can properly grip it.

The other option is the Grolsh washer trick. :D

This is an oldie but goodie, works like a charm, costs only the price of a bottle of Grolsh beer, your strap is essentially locked in place AND you have a bottle of Grolsh to finish. haha.

yeah, I have tried that before lol

however as-is, there is barely enough space to get the strap on, let alone a washer overtop

my standard operating procedure is to put a .10c steel washer overtop & leave it on there permanently...there is no way it will fall off

Archived