Heritage Owners Club

Pedaltrain Mini

Okay, guys, here's a pic of my pedaltrain mini. you may recall that I started off with the pedaltrain 2, but ultimately, I decided that what I wanted was a real small, bare bones board, a grab 'n' go.

DSCF4203.JPG

I like the wampler. The directions say that it sounds best when the amp is up loud - I have yet to try it out that way yet.

One thing - when I use the wah pedal, the board can slip around on the floor - any suggestion as to what I can put on it's rubber 'feet' to stop it from sliding?

I like the wampler. The directions say that it sounds best when the amp is up loud - I have yet to try it out that way yet.

One thing - when I use the wah pedal, the board can slip around on the floor - any suggestion as to what I can put on it's rubber 'feet' to stop it from sliding?

Since you brought up the wah pedal making the board slide - got to share. I had put the Crybaby on my old PT2, thought I'd start using that on some songs for texture (this was last Fall). We're playing this dive out in the boonies. Nice people, singing along to every song, dancing up a storm. Don't recall what song we were playing, but it came time for the lead. I reach out for the wah pedal, as my foot is coming down I catch it "just right" and whooosh!!!!, there it goes, sliding across the floor. Goes out between the monitors and winds up at the end of my cable, about 3-4 ft away. I couldn't have planned that, it was so comical. That was the same bar where the dancers knocked one of the PA speaker stands over on us, I caught it with one hand so it wouldn't hit the singer. Held it there until the dancers that knocked it over came up and help upright it. They also "danced", well - fell over! our monitors into our mic stands, knocking them over (soda and beer all over our pedal boards). Yeah, live on the floor with the crazies!! Love it. :icon_thumright:

And ... no, no idea how to keep the PT from sliding on slick floors.Cork, maybe?

Guest HRB853370

Are the feet on the board hard rubber instead of soft rubber Koula? If they are, perhaps you could swap them out with softer rubber feet from your local hardware store. I cannot imagine it slipping with soft rubber feet, unless the floor is a hardwood that is real slick. Us drummers have to worry about our bass drum slipping away from us. Which just made me think, buy yourself a small rubber mat and place the pedal board on that. That should do it! I always use a drum rug (its actually one of these commercial rugs that you see in the entranceway of buildings, got it at Home Depot). Non slip rubber on the backside and a textured material on the front side that the bass drum feet can grab. Of course, you wont need anything that size, maybe a 24x24 rubber mat will do. Good luck!

Since you brought up the wah pedal making the board slide - got to share. I had put the Crybaby on my old PT2, thought I'd start using that on some songs for texture (this was last Fall). We're playing this dive out in the boonies. Nice people, singing along to every song, dancing up a storm. Don't recall what song we were playing, but it came time for the lead. I reach out for the wah pedal, as my foot is coming down I catch it "just right" and whooosh!!!!, there it goes, sliding across the floor. Goes out between the monitors and winds up at the end of my cable, about 3-4 ft away. I couldn't have planned that, it was so comical. That was the same bar where the dancers knocked one of the PA speaker stands over on us, I caught it with one hand so it wouldn't hit the singer. Held it there until the dancers that knocked it over came up and help upright it. They also "danced", well - fell over! our monitors into our mic stands, knocking them over (soda and beer all over our pedal boards). Yeah, live on the floor with the crazies!! Love it. :icon_thumright:

And ... no, no idea how to keep the PT from sliding on slick floors.Cork, maybe?

Tulk1

what a great story!! apparently those bar patrons are quite enthusiastic! :D

had a drunk woman knock over my amp that my wireless was sitting on one night and trashed my wireless. I definately prefer being on a stage and not floor level, especially at parties where there are kids!

Okay, guys, here's a pic of my pedaltrain mini. you may recall that I started off with the pedaltrain 2, but ultimately, I decided that what I wanted was a real small, bare bones board, a grab 'n' go.

DSCF4203.JPG

Oh very clean rig, mine has turned into frankenstien's monster. I have to get some pics it's a mess.

Thanks. It'd be even cleaner looking if I had the space to cut out a piece of aluminum and put that power supply underneath, which is what I really wanted to do, but I don't want to be stepping on metal shards for the next year. Over on TGP, some guys toy with the idea of having 2 mini boards. I think it would be interesting to have another one with just modulation effects . . . if I had a roadie to move all that stuff! : )

Guest HRB853370

Oh very clean rig, mine has turned into frankenstien's monster. I have to get some pics it's a mess.

I guess you have not seen Brents rig yet?

:icon_biggrin:

Duct tape when you need it. The slick floor solution to everything. I tape everything down to the floor anyway, cables or anything that can move or trip someone.

There's another Wampler I'd love to try, but they are expensive!

Duct tape when you need it. The slick floor solution to everything. I tape everything down to the floor anyway, cables or anything that can move or trip someone.

that from the experienced pro. thanks, man.

There's another Wampler I'd love to try, but they are expensive!

yes, they are, but oh-so-worth it. the model I have has been discontinued, but a highly motivated person can contact the factory and get one (that's how I got it). it's very responsive, nice warm tone, very flexible, doesn't seem to clash with anything.

I guess you have not seen Brents rig yet?

:icon_biggrin:

In Brent's defense, he does have some huge pedals to contend with, though. He may actually need the Pedaltrain Pro.

Archived