Heritage Owners Club

157 with HRW pickups

bluesboy53

Hey guys does anyone know much about these pickups? I have a 157 custom with these pickups HRW, I replaced the bridge with a duncan sh-1b and I am thinking of replacing the neck with a duncan too because it's to dark for me. So does anyone know any specs for these pups.

First of all, welcome!

Second, the HRWs are Heritage's "premier" pickups--most people like them alot (me included). Rumor has it they are Schaller pickups, but are modified to Heritage's specifications.  As a side note, if you're interested in selling the HRWs, put them in the "For Sale" section of the forum. I'm sure alot of people would be interested in them.

Third, you need to show pics of your guitar!  Otherwise, you'll get the dreaded  :this_thread_is_useless_withou  !!

I will post a picture, the only picture I have is in a bmp format and it will not post.

I just talked to Randell at Heritage and he would not give me any info on the pups, but he was very nice and wants to help with my problem.

I will be selling a set of these as soon as I replace the neck pup.

The drummer in my band does pics for his living and takes pic of all my guitars, a great drummer to have

a little larger pic might be ok  ;)

Th HRW pickups are made by Schaller to a design by Rendal Wall...

The proof is here...

width=480 height=480http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll185/Heritageguitarpics/Details/hrwschaller2.jpg[/img]

The pics are of the same pickup but on the lower one I removed the sticker to reveal the Schaller logo beneath (and stuck it back on higher up).

For some reason. The guys at Heritage do seem somewhat less than forthcoming on this subject :undecided:

To be fair. No body seems to really know if the pickups are modified at Kalamazoo or Germany.

There's a thread on the subject here...

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/i...pic,1185.0.html

For me... I prefer the SD's in my 157... IMHO of course... :wink:

Nice pics--and nice guitar!

I'm interested in the HRWs as well, but Gitfiddler wanted them first.  :'(

TSteel~ No problem, my friend.  If you want them, I'll hold back...this time.  :wink:

I'm sure there will be more HRW's down the road.

TSteel~ No problem, my friend.  If you want them, I'll hold back...this time. 

I'm sure there will be more HRW's down the road.

I really appreciate the offer, Git, but I must decline-this time.  :) Too many expenditures coming up. :'(

I'm picking up my layaway at Jay's next month (possibly in person--yea!); I may be buying a used amplifier next week, I gotta pay tuition next week--argghh!

Too much money going out, not enough coming in. Enjoy the HRWs!  :wink:

I will have them out of the guitar on wednesday and would like to sell them for 150.00.

On second thought:

I've got a set of S-D Seth Lovers--interested in a trade?

Well Bluesboy, I see you joined us right away! (I met Bluesboy on the Seymour Duncan forum and told him about the HOC) and hopefully you can even sell your HRWs very quickly. Like I said, everyone's okay here, just a little eager when it comes to buying & selling... ;D...but you've noticed that right after you came in.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the link to this site,yes I do have them sold the minute they come out on Wednesday. Yes I like the site and will stay with it

SOLD to me!!  ;D

Karma up for 'Bluesboy53' for a fast and smooth HRW transaction.

Archived