Heritage Owners Club

Rivera Quiana.....

GRMJazz

Hey Gang,

As I snoop around for a good, versatile, American-made 6L6-based 1x12 combo, under $1K, the Quiana has caught my eye. Have any of you used one?...Impressions? I'm primarily straight-up jazz, but occasionally like to get a bit of overdrive schwerve on. I'm also very partial to 6V6 amps (x4 for headroom)... any solid suggestions? I was loaned a Reverend Hellhound for one of my recent gigs and the tone was outstanding (it's just a bit too Chinese-made for my freak-flag-waivin' tastes, ergo, the Rivera query).

Missing my old Tone King,

GRMJazz

Went to their site to check it out. Got tripped up by the Sedonna. :icon_thumright: If all of it's features were footswitchable, that would be the ideal amp for my current gig. Uh, sorry, never made it to the Quiana :drunken_smilie:

Went to their site to check it out. Got tripped up by the Sedonna. :icon_thumright: If all of it's features were footswitchable, that would be the ideal amp for my current gig. Uh, sorry, never made it to the Quiana :drunken_smilie:

It's OK, man; typing in another thread, I mentioned my love of my Tone King Meteor (which I sold!) and it's 4 x 6V6 tone...duh! Answered some of my own questions there. As for the Rivera Line, the Venus 6 would be a likely candidate, but, without hearing it first, well, you know. Heck, there's a new Dr. Z, the JAZ, that looks pretty tasty too. But once at that price level, I'd probably hold out for another Tone King (though the Meteor is hard to find anymore). Yeah, the Sedona tripped me up as well; here I was under the impression that it was strictly an acoustic amp...wrong!

Peace.

Hey Gang,

As I snoop around for a good, versatile, American-made 6L6-based 1x12 combo, under $1K, the Quiana has caught my eye. Have any of you used one?...Impressions? I'm primarily straight-up jazz, but occasionally like to get a bit of overdrive schwerve on. I'm also very partial to 6V6 amps (x4 for headroom)... any solid suggestions? I was loaned a Reverend Hellhound for one of my recent gigs and the tone was outstanding (it's just a bit too Chinese-made for my freak-flag-waivin' tastes, ergo, the Rivera query).

GRMJazz

Sorry, I haven't played the Quiana. I do have a modified Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve which I really love. Tons of headroom and a lovely clean sound. It can get nasty as well but I don't use that side very often. I've had mine for 15 years and have not had any trouble or regrets.

Horace

Hey Gang,

GRMJazz

Check with KBP810! I love my amp! I believe mine is 6V6, but I believe he knows how to make it a 6L6!

Check with KBP810! I love my amp! I believe mine is 6V6, but I believe he knows how to make it a 6L6!

?? Not sure what amp you're referring to... Heritage Kenny Burrell, perhaps? Please, embellish.

have had a number of Riveras (R-, M- models, an S-120) and played Quianas and Venus 3, 5, & 6, and others. dug 'em all. met the people @ NAMM '03 & they were fine & helpful.

Tone King (Bartel) is part of Premier Builders' Guild and that might help drop the price of Metros and Imperials and Galaxys.

you might check out Juke 1210 Warbler. the builder, Gary Croteau, has a great deal on a couple of his fine pieces (i use both Coda and 1210), 1210 Warbler for $1900, which is about what i paid for mine 8 yrs ago...still runnin' strong

?? Not sure what amp you're referring to... Heritage Kenny Burrell, perhaps? Please, embellish.

Oops, KBP810 is a HOC member that's been making some really incredible amps. Check out a thread about it, KBP810 Reverb Deluxe. Its a really nice 22 watt all tube amp, hand wired, point to point. Great quality and even better price.

oops, :hijacked: !

• 6 months later...

Update; Lo and Behold, said Quiana (used) was still for sale in January 2012, so price was dropped. Couldn't resist any longer...packed up my Roy Clark Custom and headed for the shop. The staff put the Quiana in the "boutique" room so I could "be alone with it". Before I touched a knob on it, it was BLISS!. As primarily a jazzer, I always check the "cleans" first, and while there's plenty of headroom on tap, the settings provided just enough "hair" on the notes to make MY hair stand on end! I've noticed, in other forums, that the knock on the Quiana seems to be that most "reviewers" want the distortion channel to BE Marshall, and complain that it's "fizzy".....well, it is, at bedroom level, but opened up the way it should be played, it has a ton of tube-u-lar character to play with.

Yeah; I bought it.

Suddenly, I don't miss my Tone King quite as much now :laughing8: .

@D'Blues....I'll get pics up shortly, though it's the standard "Ruby" covering with du-tone wheat grill...pretty, but nothing compared to the sound! (still miss my old blonde Tone King, though...what a sweet clean!)

Archived