Heritage Owners Club

made to order - CHina

cod65

I'm a lefty, obviously, and I play left handed with the low E string nearest to me.

As most guitars are right handed I have over the (many :P) years learned to play a right handed guitar upside down, i.e. holding it with the low E string furthest away.

I can play most of the usual barre chords and some of the usual scales in this way and get a feel for how the lefty version would sound and play.

When in this "upside down" mode though I can't bend a string for $h!t as I just end up pushing the first three strings off the fingerboard  :P

One of the guys who works in the local music store is also a lefty but he plays this way all the time, a lefty guitar strung right handed.

I watched him play "Sultans" on a Strat and my head nearly had an away day trying to figure out how he manages to play it that way.

To him it was easier to learn to play that way  ???

As they say ... different strokes for different folks.

Its not legal... its a Federal crime to own or sell these "knock-off" guitars. Its called counterfeiting. If anyone cared to, they could contact Fender and they could file suit against "leftyloser" for owning/selling that guitar. Gibson is very aggressive in their persuit of counterfeiters.

And that is exactly what my post was going to be. There's a huge difference between a licensed Epiphone, Squier, Route101,Bob's Special, etc., etc., being manufactured in China, as opposed to a counterfeit Gib/Fender. Legit vs Illegal as Hell!!

All of you lefty guys are just too wierd! >:D

Oh, and I'm lefty and play righty too. :angel: 

"At least I'm in my right mind."  8)

Just like I am......right!  I dare say there are not too many of us who belong to this forum that the mainstream would say were in their right minds.  Not that it has ever bothered me.  :angel:

I am "amphibious."  I can do most things with my right or left hand.  Mainly a right handed person though.  When I was a younger man my left hook had more power than any other punch.  I can shoot a rifle left or right handed, bat left handed and I have a decent left handed hook shot close to the basket.  I can't use scissors left handed or properly tidy up after using the can left handed.  I have never tried to play a guitar left handed but I suspect I couldn't play one that way either. 

I forgot to mention the article in the National Geographic about China.  Actually it was a whole issue.  I got through about half of it last night.  Their one child law and capitalism has created a bunch of young children and teenagers who are as spoiled and self centered as the kids in the US.  We won!  I guess? 

Forget about the cheap guitars.  Let's talk about Bruce Lee.  At least he killed Upchuck Norris.  "We will call America for Colt!"

:afro:

That's for my man, "Williams" that got killed in his next movie. 

Forget about the cheap guitars.  Let's talk about Bruce Lee.  At least he killed Upchuck Norris.  "We will call America for Colt!"

:afro:

That's for my man, "Williams" that got killed in his next movie. 

AND mentored Kareem A-Jabaar !

Archived