Heritage Owners Club

orange tiny terror.

big bob

So my loved Marshall dsl 401 is on the way out. I'm thinking about either an orange tiny terror head, or a orange rocker 30 combo. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Orange makes great amps. The Tiny Terror is only 7 watts and though it makes a great practice amp, not enough for playing out. The 30 would work much better. I recently bought a used HIWATT Custom 40 Bulldog Dual Channel all tube amp and love it. The best Clean & Dirty combo I have tried. Few amps do both well. I love the Fender Clean and the Marshall Dirty sounds. I really like the HIWATT for both.

Didn't you use some dense woods on that? KBP810 5E3 amp was very, very light. Almost felt like a solid state amp.

Yes, one inch thick quartersawn Oak. The Celestion Heritage Greenback adds a lot of weight to the package though.

Hmmm..I disagree..My Classic 30 sounds great and comes in around 40 lbs.. YMMV..

does the classic 30 come with EL84s?

I recently bought a used HIWATT Custom 40 Bulldog Dual Channel all tube amp and love it. The best Clean & Dirty combo I have tried. Few amps do both well. I love the Fender Clean and the Marshall Dirty sounds. I really like the HIWATT for both.

Marks - that sounds like an ideal amp, at a good price! I just looked it up, and unfortunately, it's been discontinued.

If anyone gets or tries one of those Dark Terrors, let me know. I'd really like to know how it compares to the Tiny Terror.

Far from definitive, but other Orange amps I've tried with that "shape" control are universally AWFUL, to my ears. Truly, truly bad.....which is a shame, since there are loads of killer Orange amps.

does the classic 30 come with EL84s?

Yep 3 12ax7s in the pre amp section and 4 EL 84s in the power section.. It's plenty loud for any gig we've ever done..But we like to mic everything so the volume is out front instead of on the stage..(I'm an old codger ya know.. :icon_biggrin:)

Archived